Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Male perfume on women

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rosie13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosie13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Male perfume on women
    Posted: July 09 2004 at 3:49am
Hi guys!
I'm new on the boards and i was just wondering is it okay for females to wear male perfum? Can you really really tell the difference? My fav perfumes are Calvin Klein-Contradiction and Hugo Boss-Boss. I know they're not for females but they smell so good !

What do u guys think?
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2004 at 7:27pm
I have never worn male cologne. I always wear woman's perfume. I don't think my man would like me wearing the same scent he wears.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2004 at 4:54am
I just think men's cologne smells musky or spicy, usually, while I prefer sweet smells. I like things like strawberry, vanilla, coconut, bubblegum. . . the kinds of things you find in children's perfume or in bath shops. . . Strong floral, spicy, or musky smells just don't appeal to me.
More awesome than a manatee!
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2004 at 7:28pm
Well, I'm a guy and I wear Coco Madmoiselle, so its all good!
EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2004 at 2:40pm
Good question! Ive always been a girly girl and liked the sweet, flowery smells particularly the more exotic ones. But I recently did a little personal experiment and found that yes.. it's absolutely ok to wear men's cologne if you're a girl!

Ive heard before that men should wear women's perfume and women should wear mens but did not understand why. Girls, have you ever noticed how you get the most compliments on perfume from other girls??? It's because female perfume is manufactured to seduce those who by it... women. Same for men's, although that's a bit different because sometimes men's cologne is meant to attract BOTH men and women because both will buy it.

Ive recently purchased a male cologne that I didn't like at first, but i must say it grew on me. The reason why? Men compliment me all the time now, and i love the effects of that.

Men's colognes tend to have a musky, raw scent that attracts men. Evidently many men find a feminine scent ok for occasions on women, but if they smell it too much it can get too sweet. The cologne reminds them of things that are much more... erotic.
At least this is the consensus I've gotten so far!
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2004 at 6:52pm
Although I usually stick to feminine scents, when I like to splurge on a nice scent, it'll usually be cologne. I prefer musky scents over the floral scents to be honest. I'm around fruity or floral scents all the time, so I grow tired of it.
LaCerca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaCerca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 3:00am
I used to think that all colognes smell the same. The standard spicy/musky/or overpowering patchouli scents.

Now, designers are coming up with more unique scents that a woman can wear too. Like Reaction by Kenneth Cole (it has notes of green apple, cucumber, and melon).

Now I wouldn't go as far as to use a scent that is very obvious that it is for a man.

I read in Allure that a girl used to wear Chanel pour homme (a male scent) because she realized that the person she was "wasn't for men" at all. So she didn't want to smell like seduction. Wearing a unique scent will definitely get you noticed. Everyone I know wears Miracle and every guy I know wears Polo Blue or Allure.
kaylajean444 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaylajean444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 7:17pm
ppl might think your a lesbian
rosy23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosy23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 11:10am

Men's colognes are much fresher than women scents. Many of them have lavender in it which has a very good scent and which used to be a basic oil for women perfume. I tried splash on my legs after having tortured them with an epilator and a very nice fresh scent stayed on my legs.

rosy23

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 2:02am

*only just saw this, and now dying of laughter*

Now I know why most people assume I'm straight unless I tell them otherwise-- I just won't smell gay enough unless I switch to men's colognes!

Originally posted by kaylajean444 kaylajean444 wrote:

More awesome than a manatee!
aimee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 6:06am
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

*only just saw this, and now dying of laughter*

Now I know why most people assume I'm straight unless I tell them otherwise-- I just won't smell gay enough unless I switch to men's colognes!

Originally posted by kaylajean444 kaylajean444 wrote:

kuroneko you crack me up lol  im Bi so how am i supposed to smell like should i mix The Britney Spears Perfume with David Beckhams lol

Edited by aimee
im a synthetic girl and i love plastikhaar
fatzbusta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatzbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 5:28pm
never heard of women wearing men cologne but i heard of females wearing cologne
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 2:24pm
 I like wearing Carolina Herrera's 212 with some girlier scent. That's me, girlie but kickass.... Huh, and I'm bi, so maybe that other comment holds true....
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
my3dogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my3dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2007 at 12:36am
I usually like sweet smelling body sprays, though I sometimes get tired of those scents. Lavender and green tea are nice scents to try if you would like to try something different from the normal sweet smelling perfumes marketed toward females. Even better is how relaxing both scents are.

As for men's cologne.... I personally don't see anything wrong with a woman wearing male cologne. In fact, I don't usually notice much of a difference between most male colognes and the ones marketed as being unisex. My mother and I both like Avatar cologne, which kind of smells unisex.
400,000 dead | 2.5 million displaced | 10,000 dying every month | savedarfur.org
rollerGrrL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollerGrrL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2007 at 6:26am
No problems at all rosie13.... I fell in love with Joop Homme years ago and finally bought myself a bottle. No one has told me I smell like a man.

It's not your average "male" cologne as it has a sweet-ish smell. It's too good for men hehehehe
i feel it rolling through me.. i got the roller boogie..
fashionista_15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fashionista_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 8:51pm
I like some male fragrances & occasionally will wear my husbands - like the Issey Miyake one - it smells hot.  I also know a lot of guys out there that think it's kinda sexy!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic