Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HAIR BIBLE REVIEW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 12:15pm
I'm confused -- Amazon said it "was" published in September 2003, yet it seems to be available now. Odd....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1854109065/qid=1057166605/sr=8-6/ref=sr_8_6/104-9021486-4120743?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

However, I think it should be noted that if anyone wishes to buy haircare books, it helps Hair Boutique if you click on the link from this website to buy the book.

http://www.hairboutique.com/books/haircarebooks.htm
Cora View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 12:10pm
Hi,

Thanks for the review. I read the very first book by Kingsley which is Hair: An Owner's Guide. It was good but I agree that it had conflicting information. I know that Kingsley is highly respected for his knowledge as a trichologist.

Anyway, thanks for the scoop.

Edited by Karen Shelton - January 22 2011 at 8:05am
KISAWA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KISAWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 11:38am
Hi girls,
I just read the hair bibles from philip Kingsley and I must say that what I read was quite confusing.
He advises to shampoo daily, even the length, hum hum don't know what to think!!
He advices NOT to brush your hair but rather COMB it . He says that even a Pure bristle brush would cause damage on the hair shaft. And then he shows some pictures of damaged hair:yucky!!
Does not say a word about using oil daily on your hair......
BUT the great thing about this book is the ingredient listing at the end of it. This is very complete and very useful!!

Anyone read those books from Kingsley?????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic