Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - If you weren't in the career you have now, what would you be?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If you weren't in the career you have now, what would you be?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If you weren't in the career you have now, what would you be?
    Posted: September 14 2003 at 7:24pm
I was at a party last night and met a gal about my age who is a pilot for US Airways Express. How cool is that?

She got me thinking. If I weren't working in production, what would I have done? I probably would have become an English teacher.

Or... during my last semester, I took a Horticulture class to fulfill a science requirement. I loved it! Working in the greenhouses and out in the farm fields was awesome! Maybe I'd work in horticulture. :)
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2003 at 3:38pm
I wish I would of stuck with something like redecorating! I am not saying that I am not having a blast being a house wife (what an ugly word- I am not married to my house), But I do wish I had a career! Just my opinion! Debbie
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2003 at 8:20am
I am training to be an ESL teacher,
with a guaranteed job if I pass well.
But I had wanted to become a
schoolteacher, and couldn't get into
teachers' college (a one year degree
after your Bachelor), not because I
didn't qualify but because demand
was too great (for example, 4 times
as many people applied to the
University of Toronto teachers'
college as could be enrolled).

If I weren't a teacher, but had my
own business, I think I'd want to
run a series of quality restaurants.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2003 at 8:57am
Competitive figure skater.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2003 at 11:36pm

I'm a counselor which is funny since I'm pretty quiet and don't really enjoy talking to people but it works for me and I do find it rewarding somedays. Anyhoo, after grad school I now wish I did something with geology or the environment. I am such and outdoors and active person it would be ideal. Maybe someday I'll be one of those counselors at a week long retreat in the mountains. Now that would be my job.

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
3katz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3katz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2003 at 9:37pm
I love teaching English when the kids are engaged and talking about what we're reading, and I love reading the creative writing assignments, but I spend most evenings and weekends correcting papers and putting together lesson plans. And for what it's worth, most of the boys think language arts is a waste of time; it's not as cool as science and math, though neither is any good if you don't know how to think critically! The pay is terrible, and I pay a lot of expenses out of my own pocket, but I can't imagine what else I'd do. For the most part, I feel fortunate.
3katz
SnowWhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnowWhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2003 at 1:49pm
I was a third grade teacher for a year and then an elementary librarian (which I loved!) Now I am a mom which is even better. I almost choose to go into medicine (pediatrics). However, if I could I'd be a Creation scientist/archeologist. I think that would be a really neat job.
?/35.5/ tailbone
curly hair
<><
Kgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2003 at 10:30pm
I don't have a career yet, but I would love to be a hair stylist. From all my knowledge and reading about hair, especially about thermal reconditioning, I think it would be so much fun to do. However, I plan to graduate with a bachelor of science and do something human body and mind related, since science is my absolute favorite subject. :)
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2003 at 9:01am
Wolf pack management - either in the U.K or in Canada.
Uzi

Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2003 at 7:54pm
Owner of a major league sports team.
Or a star player on one !!!(well I'm over fourty, I might be to old to be a ballplayer)
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2003 at 9:51am
A fashion designer.

I've always loved clothes and fashion.
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2003 at 9:51am
A fashion designer.

I've always loved clothes and fashion.
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2003 at 9:27am
First choice: a professional surfer (always loved the waves esp. at exotic destinations)

Second choice: a fashion designer (a fan of clothes and design)
sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 1:29pm

I'm lovin' this topic.

I would love to be a pharmacist.  

100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 10:20pm
Interior Designer!!!!  I looove decorating, buying fabric, colors, textures, etc.... I recently left the workforce and became a stay-at-home mom. My husband has been urging me for months to return to school. So maybe this will be my next career!
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Yolligirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yolligirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 11:49am

I would love to be an event coordinator for a major corporation, there is nothing better than planning a big party with someone else's money. Or I would like to be one of the designers on Design on a Dime.

Life is a journey, Enjoy the ride.

Jade30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Yolligirl Yolligirl wrote:

I would love to be an event coordinator for a major corporation, there is nothing better than planning a big party with someone else's money. Or I would like to be one of the designers on Design on a Dime.

Spending other peoples money, I love the though of that too. lol If I was not in the line of work I was in now, I'd be working as a fashion designer ( i think)  :)

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 11:49pm
A Biologist/Biotechnologist, if I hadn't had to drop out of college. I still miss the microscope, but I just can't bring myselft to finish 2 more years of college and then go go med school for a specialty. So I went back to college after 8 years, but I'm doing computers instead which I am starting to enjoy.
mandabear324 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandabear324 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 6:49am

I would either be a make up artist or work for a magazine.

Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 4:21pm
I am a therapist at an elementary school.  If I wasnt doing this, I would have liked to be a psych doctor...but I wanted to start paying off my debts
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic