Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Istraight thermal reconditioning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DebbyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DebbyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Istraight thermal reconditioning
    Posted: April 07 2003 at 9:41pm
I had extemely curly hair which I highlighted. I was told my the salon I went to that my hair was in great condition for this procedure. I had it done 5 days ago, and I have a ton of breakage. I can feel stubble throughout my scalp. If you highlight your hair, be careful!!
DebbyL
WendyLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WendyLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2003 at 11:19pm
You may have been a fine candidate for TR, but it sounds like your stylist put the solution too close to your scalp or ironed your hair incorrectly. I am a stylist doing TR's and even though I don't use istraight, I have heard it is a good system, so it most likely was stylist error. It would be best to go back and get protien conditioning treatments done until your hair stops breaking.
Good Luck,
Wendy
"Instant gratification takes too long." Amy Fisher
Suzanna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 7:37pm
Wendy,

I hope you can answer this. I just did my hair TR yesterday, and it is very straight. I have not washed it yet. I haven't noticed breakege yet but the top looks like it's stuck to my head. No body whatsoever. Is it going to stay like this even after I wash it?
WendyLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WendyLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 9:53pm
Your hair may be really, really flat right now, but I promise you that after a couple weeks it will look fuller after it gets a little growout. After you do your first washing it should be better. If it is still flat try blowing dry your roots upside down. Usually the first two weeks or so are the worst since us curlyheads are used to having fluffy hair.
Let me know how it works out for you.
Wendy
"Instant gratification takes too long." Amy Fisher
Suzanna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2003 at 10:30am
I washed my hair for the first time yesterday, and it did have slightly more body than before. But it's still way flat, unatural looking.

But... I've also noticed a lot of breakage at the ends, I had to go trim it. And I too am feeling little parts of the scalp that are all stubly, like the hair was burned off. I had the Is-straight done. I really don't want to cause any more damage to it so I guess I have to wait untill this grows out.

If I could go back I would not do it again. The salon I went to has a great reputation in Los Angeles and the stylist was trained with Yuko, but (as I am proff) that doesn't mean much, you never know how it will turn out. I'm really bummed!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic