Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best at home perminent hair straigtening

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Wild Rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best at home perminent hair straigtening
    Posted: February 12 2004 at 2:50pm
Out of the people who have chemicaly straightened there hair at home, what is the best treatment, how much does it cost and where can I get it!!! Thanks
~*Rose*~

~Beauty rules are meant to be broken, and put back together in your own way~
Tiffani B. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffani B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2004 at 2:07pm
Well I use Rusk Anti-Curl. It's better than a relaxer but I want to try Thermal Straightening Kits that are sold in Sally's Beauty supply. Rusk Anti-Curls are hard to come by. You'd have to buy that online.
www.adiscountbeauty.com
They sell Rusk Anti-Curl.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2004 at 5:00am
I just used Oglivie Hair straightner at home and it worked great! My frizz is gone and my hair is straight. We'll see how long it lasts. it has been bout a week since I did it.

jacqui
Joy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2004 at 2:02am
I have straight hair but underneath its wavy. when i blow it dry it goes straight, but i am wondering if i should straighten it then i wont have to blow it dry??? if your hair is straightened, does it go bone straight? even when its wet?
highlights2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlights2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2004 at 7:53am
Hello i know that you can get your hair chemically straightened at the hairdresser , prices are different in every hairdresser as for chemically straightening hair at home i would suggest checking out the department stores boots superdrug and other places such as these hopefully this helps . chemical hair straightening kits should be available in these places .
creek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2004 at 10:17am
Hi,
My hair is wavy, colored {twice a month with Hydrience light ash brown}, and as the freezy days of Summer approaches I decided to get my hair chemically straighten for the first time. I always use an extra large round brush and a flat brush to dry my hair straight and it takes me 15 minutes, which is a pain in the neck.
Yesterday I went to Eckerd, it used to be Genovese here in Long Island, NY.
I bought Easy Straight for $30.00 and went home to try my new experiment. I followed the directions using all products that came with the kit:
First I applied the moisturizing oil to protect my hair,
Then I divided my hair into 4 parts using the hair clips included,
Then I added oil to the relaxer cream and place the cream jar in the microwave for 1 minute,
Then I mixed and applied to hair as quickly as I could using my hands protected by the gloves provided by kit,
I made sure all hair was saturated with cream,
As soon as I finished applying the cream, I jumped in the shower to get all that cream out of my hair because I did not want ANY hair damage.
I did not wait not even 1 second, I applied the cream to my hair and removed it with warm water.
Then, I rinsed my hair for 5 minutes to make sure all that stinky amonia cream was off every strand of my hair,
Then I shampoo and conditioned as usual.
Then I applied a liquid that was included, it closes the pores of hair,
Then without rinsing the liquid I carefully combed hair as instructed,
I noticed I could comb my hair easely and hair felt moisturized,
Then just as instructed, after 10 minutes of combing I rinsed hair and applied their heavy duty moisturizer leave in conditioner, but just to be in the safe side I also added my own leave in moisturizer to the ends of hair so it would be extra protected, soft and shiny.
Then I combed hair, towel dry, and applied my usual silicone Frizz-out from middle to ends of my hair. I did that because I always used it to prevent frizz and I think it will help my hair if it got dry from the chemicals in the relaxer cream.
Then I let my hair air dry. I did not use a blow dryer as usual.
As I was waiting for my hair to become a frizz ball I noticed it retained its straightness. I could not believe, after dry my hair was straight, but a normal straight, nor sticking out or unnatural but all waves were gone.
It looked like I had my hair blowed dryed with a flat brush.
My hair was healthy, shiny and STRAIGHT!
I am happy, it worked for me.
My shampoo and conditioner are Brilliant Brunette made by Frieda, I bought them at Ulta.
My silicone serum is Frizz Out from Jheri Redding only found at Ulta.
My leave in conditioner can be of any brand, as long as it is for color trated hair.
RoXyGaL12367 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoXyGaL12367 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2004 at 10:40am
This is to Creek, um, a couple questions about your entry. 1. Does "Easy Straight" leave your hair sleek and thin looking or dry and thick? 2. Where can toy find this product/ kit?

Thanks so much!
RoXyGaL12367 from other post View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoXyGaL12367 from other post Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2004 at 8:44am
CREEK PLEASE RESPOND!

OK, this is also to anyone: I am looking at the following products, tried any?:

Curl And Frizz Remover Chemical Hair Straightener Treatments From Jheri Redding

Rusk Anti Curl #1

One''''''''N Only From Jheri Redding Thermal Ionic Permanent Straightener NORMAL

Rusks Radical AntiCurl

THERMAL IONIC PERMANENT STRAIGHTENER

I AM BEGGIN FOR SOMEONE TO RESPOND.
helinthecity2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helinthecity2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 1:36am
Creek, I'm wondering about your hair and how it responds to styling. Will it keep a wave if its been up in a bun, or in a braid? What about rollers (not hot ones, maybe velcro)? How's your volume? Does it get flat on top and fuller on the bottom? Can you just wash and go and have straight hair? Is there any body at all? or is it just really really straight? I have thick, wavy hair, and I really want to try this for the summer. Also, did you start your treatment with dry hair, straighteded dry hair, or wet hair? Should it be freshly washed or a couple days dirty?
Cayolinda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cayolinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2004 at 12:17pm
Roxygal - did you ever get a reply on the best home hair straightener to try? Does anyone know?
Cayolinda
Pam View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2004 at 11:31pm
If you have the money I recommend you try the Japanese Ionic Hair Straightening (Magic Straight, Ionic Bonding, Rebonding, japanese straight perm...). In the US it can cost $300-$600+. I did mine in thailand for $50 and the chemical they used was by loreal. Some asian places in the US(korean or vietmamese) can be cheaper. The perm lasts at least six months. It's as long as your hair grows out, that part will always be straight. When you staighten your hair you can't wash it for 3 days. Also you have to keep it staight for that long. You can't pull it back or up. It is not as damaging as chemical staightening. When you do it your hair comes out silky, smooth, and soft. You still have to deep condition it though.
FluteGirl189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluteGirl189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2004 at 2:07pm
Um, Is creek ever gonna respond to those questions? I wrote most of 'em and I would please like an answer. (I am on a different name, right now.)
wannabgorgeous14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannabgorgeous14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 5:17pm
hey RoxyGal!
U can find the One and only thermal ionic straightener (by: Jherri Redding) A Sally's (well thats what i heard anyways) hope we find it!! (b/c im gonna try it too) Good luck!
I love everyone!!! Ya... even U!!!
hehe ;)
afg_gurl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afg_gurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2004 at 10:28pm
hey ppl !! i have noticed u guyz use loads of products... I dont use ANY!!! I experiment with natural things... here are some tips that realllyyy work!! Well it did for me!!

1. For SILKY hair use olive oil in ur hair then shampoo and condition as usual

2. For STRAIGHT hair pour about 1/3 of a cup of milk into a spray bottle ... make sure ur hair is dry DO NO WET than spritz it on. Let it set for 20 minutes than shampoo! This works trust me!

3. I dunno what this tip does... it just makes ur hair softer i guess. After shampooing apply ur conditioner and rinse with warm water then quickly with COLD water, wrap ur hair in a towel.

Well i hope these helped!
FluteGirl189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluteGirl189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2004 at 7:46am
Hello afg_gur!

As far as the olive oil.. how long do u leave it in and how much do u use?
Afg Girl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afg Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2004 at 2:55pm
I recommend u put it in for at least 10-15 minutes maybe even 20 ... and the amount.... just dont use tooo much cuz ur hair will get oily.
jessicar View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2004 at 8:17pm
I used rusk anti curl #1 on my thick curly greek hair and it looked fantastic for a week, then wavy with less frizz for a month or so and then was pretty much gone. I bought it online and followed all the directions. I will say this for it, my hair was just as healthy afterwards and I never had any breakage, but I wouldn't say it was the greatest product.
DEE03038 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE03038 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2004 at 8:41am
Originally posted by creek creek wrote:

Hi,
My hair is wavy, colored {twice a month with Hydrience light ash brown}, and as the freezy days of Summer approaches I decided to get my hair chemically straighten for the first time. I always use an extra large round brush and a flat brush to dry my hair straight and it takes me 15 minutes, which is a pain in the neck.
Yesterday I went to Eckerd, it used to be Genovese here in Long Island, NY.
I bought Easy Straight for $30.00 and went home to try my new experiment. I followed the directions using all products that came with the kit:
First I applied the moisturizing oil to protect my hair,
Then I divided my hair into 4 parts using the hair clips included,
Then I added oil to the relaxer cream and place the cream jar in the microwave for 1 minute,
Then I mixed and applied to hair as quickly as I could using my hands protected by the gloves provided by kit,
I made sure all hair was saturated with cream,
As soon as I finished applying the cream, I jumped in the shower to get all that cream out of my hair because I did not want ANY hair damage.
I did not wait not even 1 second, I applied the cream to my hair and removed it with warm water.
Then, I rinsed my hair for 5 minutes to make sure all that stinky amonia cream was off every strand of my hair,
Then I shampoo and conditioned as usual.
Then I applied a liquid that was included, it closes the pores of hair,
Then without rinsing the liquid I carefully combed hair as instructed,
I noticed I could comb my hair easely and hair felt moisturized,
Then just as instructed, after 10 minutes of combing I rinsed hair and applied their heavy duty moisturizer leave in conditioner, but just to be in the safe side I also added my own leave in moisturizer to the ends of hair so it would be extra protected, soft and shiny.
Then I combed hair, towel dry, and applied my usual silicone Frizz-out from middle to ends of my hair. I did that because I always used it to prevent frizz and I think it will help my hair if it got dry from the chemicals in the relaxer cream.
Then I let my hair air dry. I did not use a blow dryer as usual.
As I was waiting for my hair to become a frizz ball I noticed it retained its straightness. I could not believe, after dry my hair was straight, but a normal straight, nor sticking out or unnatural but all waves were gone.
It looked like I had my hair blowed dryed with a flat brush.
My hair was healthy, shiny and STRAIGHT!
I am happy, it worked for me.
My shampoo and conditioner are Brilliant Brunette made by Frieda, I bought them at Ulta.
My silicone serum is Frizz Out from Jheri Redding only found at Ulta.
My leave in conditioner can be of any brand, as long as it is for color trated hair.
jessicar View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 2:17pm
I've noticed a lot of posts from people who straighten at home are done in the first week after straightening which is usually the best. I want to know if anyone got straight hair from an at home straightener that lasted longer than a month.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2004 at 9:20pm
phytospecific is the best relaxer.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic