Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"anyone used "jherri redding One and only thermal ionic straightener from sally

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VANESSAMELLY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VANESSAMELLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "anyone used "jherri redding One and only thermal ionic straightener from sally
    Posted: June 16 2004 at 12:29am
hey guys has anyone used "jherri redding One and only thermal ionic straightener from sally"

I will buy it and get it done this week I have a ceramic iron and my mom who is a hair dresser will try it on me, since she is coming here for 2 weeks, its supposed to work really good she gave me her sebastian ceramic flat iron and its great anyway i will let you know the results wish me luck!!
FluteGirl189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluteGirl189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2004 at 11:35am
Hello. I am sorry I have not tried that, but if anyone has tried that plz respond. I AM interested.

*Emma*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VANESSAMELLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2004 at 9:34pm
Hi I ordered it I will let you know how it works!!! my mom gave me her sebastian iron flat iron, thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluteGirl189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2004 at 10:07am
Ok, cool! Um, when u do it, can u please answer these questions?

1. How long is it supposed to last?

2. Is your hair sleek and straight and thin-looking?

3. Or poofy and thick-looking?

4. Whats your hair type?

THANKS.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VANESSAMELLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2004 at 2:00pm
HI I LOVE THIS! I USED IT AND ITS GREAT MY HAIR IS FINE AND WAVY AND IT LEFT IT STRAIGHT AND SLEEK AND OH SO SHINY! AND NOO DAMAGE I ORDERED THE ONE FOR TINTED HAIR ITS WONDERFUL AND HAS NO SMELL!!!!!!!! THE LOTION SMELLS A BIT BUT ONCE YOU WASH IT OFF YOUR HAIR DOES NOT STINK! HERE IS MY OTHER POST

I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY! I AM IN LOVE WITH MY HAIR! AND THIS ONLY COST $32 AND 2 HRS OF MY TIME!! i ordered it from adiscountbeauty.com shipping was sooo fast only 2 days!!!! it also comes with a video to show you how to use it, but i just read the directions cause I had no time to watch the video, I was too darn excited!! :)

I FINALLY HAVE PIN STRAIGHT HAIR! NO DAMAGE OR BREAKAGE!!!

Ok here is what I did I ordered the jherri redding ONE AND ONLY THERMAL IONIC STRAIGHTNER

This was the best product I have ever used, I ordered the tinted/highlighted formual, since i do bleach and color my hair alot, man it was great! I had salon results
it was so easy to do here are the directions:
wash hair with shampoo it comes with, then rinse it out and put a leave in conditioner, then leave that in and apply the straightning cream, after that you leave it on till your hair is staright! then rinse it out for 5 minutes and towel dry your hair, and then blow dry a bit to dry it some, but leave your hair a bit damp,then part the hair in 4 parts and, a little at a time you apply the ceramic iron to each piece of hair, and then after that just rinse and apply the neutralizer and leave in 5 min then rinse for 5 min and style! wow easy and it only took me 2 hrs to do!!!! then i just blow dried it with a paddle brush and my hair is so damn straight and shiny! and its not breaking off or anything this thing is amazing!! PLEASE DO READ DIRECTIONS BEFORE USING OR WATCH TEHE VIDEO, since you do have to tie a small knot on your hair while you have the straightning lotion on and if the knot stays stiff its ready if not you leave it on till the knot stays put.I will take a picture and post it soon i used a flat ceramic iron i had from sebastian but any would work but make sure its a ceramic one!!!
aileendq View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aileendq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2004 at 2:18pm
Please be careful with this product. I used it when it was brand new on the market, and eventually suffered severe damage from it. When you apply to the new growth (ONLY) be sure to put something on the rest of the hair shaft to prevent it from "wicking" (soaking) up the product, which will result in re-processing hair that has already been straightened. I gave up on this stuff, although I will admit my hair never frizzed with it, and went back to my good old traditional relaxers. My hair is finally growing out and not breaking midway up the hair shaft anymore, and it's tons thicker. Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluteGirl189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2004 at 4:34pm
HEY!OK, so do u HAVE to use a straightening iron in order to get a sleek, straight, thin-kinda look?!

THANKS.
hterry View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hterry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2004 at 1:19pm
You have to use a flatening iron to get the straight look. It's thermal reconditioning. If done right, the hair that is treated is straight permanently - until it is cut off or permed over. To maintain the look, you have to get retouches on teh new growth (i.e. every six months). Hope this helps.
sea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2004 at 5:45pm
so..does it work with like..frizzy thick hair..or do you have to start out w/kinda straight hair for it to work..what if your hair is dry and damaged...?..thanks..
sea
hterry View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hterry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2004 at 8:42pm
From what I have heard, any type of hair can be done (except on African American hair). However, you hair's condition matters greatly. If your hair is quite damaged or if you have highlights (or other chemical treatments), I would make sure the person knows what they are doing and has tonnes of experience. If your hair is very curly, then the regrowth will be more noticable and therefore, you may need to get more frequent touch-ups.
littlerat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlerat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2004 at 2:44am
I went to JC Penneys and had a chemical straightener treatment and now I am losing my hair. It is breaking off on the top of my head, leaving me with little tiny stubbles. I do have a patch of hair in front that I can comb over this hair loss, but I have been very stressed and anxious about this whole process. I cannot swim with my kids this summer, there will be no more "let me jump in the shower real quick" for about a year. The process I have to go through on an every other day (that's as much as I can wash my hair) takes about an hour and 2 showers. Has anybody else had this happen?

I am going to be compensated for this mishap, although I don't know what price I would like...I would rather have my hair back and have a normal summer with my kids! This has caused me to be terribly anxious, crabby and impatient with my family.
I have no confidence or self esteem - that broke off when my hair did.

Any advice out there?
littlerat
hterry View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hterry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2004 at 4:06pm
I am so sorry to hear what happened to you. I have heard stories of people's hair getting fried and breakage (not to the extent of yours however). It sounds like yours was very overprocessed. I hope you get what you deserve from JC Penny. Is the new hair growth coming in good - they didn't damage your scalp did they?
wannabgorgeous14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannabgorgeous14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 5:09pm
If this really works how great u say it does i think i should try it. My hair is thick and wavy/curly/puffy its the worst hair u could possibly get, but it is soft and shiny and in good condition (only good thing about it). I really want stick straight hair no flip out or under @ the ends-- just STRAIGHT, and i dont want damaged, dry hair. So will this product do this 4 me?? and how long does it last? and u said its only 32 bucks... AWESOME!!
I love everyone!!! Ya... even U!!!
hehe ;)
IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2004 at 6:09pm
i been dyin to try this..if anyone1 has tried it plz respont with results!
sdep1 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdep1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2004 at 9:00am
Ok, I used this product yesterday. A little background....I have double processed wavy/curly hair. I blow dry it to death in the morning only to have it become a frizzy mess about 10 minutes after hitting the GA humidity. I also work in a very physical job with all men and I tend to sweat. Every time I sweat my hair curls up a little more. By the end of the day I look like Orville Redenbacher. I was excited to use this product but I'm paranoid about damage to my hair. I watched the video and began. I got through the relaxer stage and rinsed. The next step is to comb through and use the ceramic iron. I could not do this step fully. My hair started gumming together and I was quite sure I would have to cut it off close to the root. Alot of it broke off. For chemically treated hair I would not recommend going by the knot test. I had planned on leaving the product on for 10 minutes max but the knot kept opening so I left it on 20 minutes. I think this was way too long. In any case, I did what I quickly could with the iron and put on the neutralizer. I was VERY surprised to see that after blow drying (I don't think I will be able to just let it dry naturally cause I looked pretty straggly and split endsy) my hair came out really pretty nice. It does not look damaged but very silky and soft. I do plan on doing some repair treatments when I can wash it and I'm sure I'll have to grow it out and get the really bad parts chopped off (I had planned on growing it out) but I have satisfied my curiosity! I had hoped for a miracle cure, but I don't know that I would try it again. Anyone else have this happen?
aileendq View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aileendq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 8:41pm
Yep,
I posted earlier...The stuff is horrible. I have "self cutting" hair, as in the kind that breaks off at varying lengths. I went back to traditional relaxers. Although, I will add that I have dedicated myself to 1) having my hair relaxed ONLY by a professional; 2) trimming my hair regularly and 3) deep conditioning once a week, no matter what.

Try Ouidad Deep Treatment. Costly but insanely effective...Good luck!
PS...I also put jojoba oil on my ends every night.

A
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic