Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Moon Position For Haircolor or Chemical Treatments?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moon Position For Haircolor or Chemical Treatments?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starburst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starburst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moon Position For Haircolor or Chemical Treatments?
    Posted: May 14 2003 at 2:15pm
Hi,

Well I agree that we should post to get the topic going since I don't want this thread to vanish.

So, does anyone know if there is a best time for highlights and/or chemical processing? Maybe Karen would know?

Star
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2003 at 11:11am
Hi Star,

Yes, there is an opinion about this. Does it work? I personally believe that it does but I try very hard to not impose my metaphysical beliefs on others but share only if asked. So I apologize in advance if anyone is offended by the topics.

So now that you have asked there is the belief in astrology that hair color and other "chemicals" like perms and straightening solutions are ruled by the planet Uranus (also the ruler of Aquarius). It is recommended that you have hair chemically treated when there are positive aspects to Uranus (trine, sextiles & some conjunctions). It is also recommended that you have color or chems done during a fixed (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius) New Moon period (from New Moon to Full Moon) because it will help the treatment last longer.

Now while all this sounds great in theory, in practice it can be a real pain in the ass to get everything all lined up and not have the best time fall at midnight on a Saturday. :-)

I actually have managed to get my hair highlighted during an Aquarius (ruled by Uranus) New Moon period with a Trine to Uranus. It turned out really great and the color lasted longer than normal. At least IMO.

I have also had to have my highlights done on an emergency basis once for a magazine photo and I had to choose a Full Moon Gemini with less than perfect aspects (square to Sun). It was OK but not as good and the colorist kept getting interruped (Gemini) so I thought that was interesting.

Can you really make blanket statements about using astrology or astrological indicators for hair treatments? Like everything in life, you have to build a history to determine if this stuff works or it total bunk. I have personally been watching astrology and the indicators since I was 15 years old and am a private believer based on my own personal tests, trials and experiences. However, everyone has to judge for themselves. I will be happy to provide the theories but you all have to do the practice and form your own opinions :-)

Best wishes,
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Starburst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starburst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2003 at 12:17pm
Thank you Karen. Can you now tell us how a novice like me could find out when the moon is in the right place for highlights or color treatments? I would like to try it but am clueless about how to figure moon things out. :-)

Star
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2003 at 12:57pm
Hi Star,

As I mentioned above, while some astrology buffs recommend you color/bleach your hair when the Moon is in Aquarius and preferably a new moon, that is not always easy to accomplish. Since bleaching means going lighter, I also personally believe that if you want to bleach or highlight your hair that having a new moon period with Moon in Leo and a good aspect to Venus or Jupiter would turn out well.

I can tell you that the next good moon period for highlights or bleaching that are optimal would be July 30th of this year (2003). Not only is there a new Moon in Leo, the last aspect is a trine with Jupiter with is good fortune, for the most part.

I do not see any dates in June that I particularly like because Uranus is just going retrograde for a period of time and I don't see any moons that would be ideal. Of course this is just my opinion.

Now please keep in mind that this is an "electional" moon for hair highlighting or bleach but that you also have to take into consideration your own natal chart and transits.

However, as a blanket GENERAL statement I would say that July 30th would be a good day to have a bleach or other highlighting chemicals applied.

September 7th also looks favorable of this year (2003) but not as good as July 30th IMO. In September you have an Aquarius in a New Moon Phase and a sextile to Pluto (transformation).

September 30th is also OK because again you have a New Moon period and a moon in Sagittarius formed a Sextile to Uranus (ruler of chemicals). I would not pick a Sag moon as my 1st choice because it is not fixed so the treatment might not last as long but it certainly has a very good chance of turning out really well.

October 4th (Sat) and the 5th are very good because you have a New moon period, the moon is in Aquarius and the last aspect is conjunct Aquarius. So for someone who wants to go blonde for the first time, this would be a very good general time.

November 29th (Sat) is also good because you have a Moon in Aquarius and a conjunction with Uranus. However, it needs to be done before 4:30 PST time.

Finally, December 26th is very good although it is the day after Christmas so probably hard to get a haircolorist out to do your highlights. :-)

Hope that helps.

To recap...here are the rest of the bleach/highlighting, hair coloring general good moon dates for the rest of 2003:

No dates in June*
July 30th
September 7th
September 30th
October 4th (Sat) and the 5th
November 29th until 4:30 pm PST or 5:30 CST
December 26th all day

*If you are desparate then June 8th would be marginal but beware of color taking on a reddish tone because of an aspect with Mars.

Again, this is just my own personal opinion and is not a recommendation or suggestion in any way. Remember to make your own decisions.

Best wishes,
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2003 at 7:24pm
If I may add my 0.02.

I follow the lunar phases rather than the astrological phases.
This is because the gravitational and electro-magnetic forces of the Earth and the Moon are synchronous.
The Lunar cycles extert an influence on the ocean tides, menstrual cycles, the rising of sap and the movements of moisture containing bodies on our planet, generally.

Anyway, without going into too much detail, having studied La Veccia Religione (Stegheria) of southern Italy, the following is based upon their principles of harmonizing hair rituals with lunar phases.

1. Any colouring to be done during the half Moon.

2. Elaborate braids to be woven at the new Moon. Also purchases or creations of adornments.

3. Hair to be worn loose during the full Moon.

4. Cutting hair to be conducted during the dark Moon

The Moon will be in a particular phase depending on your location.
Either contact your local Astronomical or Geographic society, look on the web for the charts or find a Lunar Almanac.

Hope that helps - best of luck.

Uzma
Uzi

Starburst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starburst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2003 at 1:14am
Thank you to Karen & Uzma for taking the time to provide all the various details and info.

I do have a question for Uzma. What do you mean by the Half Moon? Is that the 1st quarter moon or the Full Moon? I understand New Moon and Full Moon and 1st and 2nd Quarter before Full and 3rd and 4th Quarters after Full but have never heard "Half Moon" before.

Thanks again.
Star
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 11:18am
Can this be updated to April 2006 ?? Please.

Thanks,
Miffny.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic