Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cut to the quick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jadrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cut to the quick
    Posted: February 21 2003 at 12:17am
I always keep my fingernails cut to the quick and no longer wear nail polish or any fake nails etc. I started playing guitar about 9 years ago and ever since had given up on long nails as I found it very difficlt to play with long nails.

My main problem with this is that my nails grow too fast and they're hard as all get out. I realize I have nails most women would really like to have -- they're super strong and don't bend at all when longer but as I like to cut them down I'm trying to find ways to keep them short. It drives me crazy when they grow!

The cuticles always produce hangnails too which can be annoying and painful.
2/20 - 26"
6 and a half inches to WL
Straight with fringe
Brown with highlights and oh no! bits
of white! I'm only 30!:)
----------------------------
"Beautiful hair is a wondrous gift to
the world...take care of your hair." --
Kids in the Hall
Carrole View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carrole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2003 at 10:25am
Hi,

I hear ya. I use a PC all day long and if my nails get too long I have a hard time typing. I have no idea how people with fake nakes can do it. Yes, they look great but so hard to type with.

I also do my hands and my feet with regard to trimming my nails after a long shower. My nails are so soft that it is a snap to trim them. It seems to help prevent hangnails or cuticle problems. Have you tried trimming your nails after a hot bath?

Melba View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 5:07pm
I go back and forth I grow out my nails and then cut them off.
I love the look of long nails but I can't put up with them for long.
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 10:20pm
I have the same issue. only I don't play guitar and can't get my nails that short. I used to play the piano and I had to clip my nails every other week...i still have to. I don't know if there are any products that make your nails grow slower...Stress sometimes does that but i don't recommend becoming stressed. I think you should accept your gorgeous nails for what they are...Oh and maybe you could use a pic for your guitar????I heard they don't work as well as your fingers. But if you are sick of trimming your nails you could try it.
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
NewOrleansLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewOrleansLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 9:51pm
You're right, most women would love to have your nails..me included. I think that you should try fileing them down instead of clipping them if they are too hard to clip. Whenever you have spare time just file them down a bit so that they don't get too long on ya. Trying to file long nails down is too much work.
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but, wish we didn't."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic