Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is There A Limit On How Often To Use Nail Polish Removal?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is There A Limit On How Often To Use Nail Polish Removal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Constance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is There A Limit On How Often To Use Nail Polish Removal?
    Posted: February 22 2003 at 4:49pm
I recently started having my nails done on a regular basis and my nail person told me that I should limit how often I use nail polish remover. I had never heard of this before and it sounds hokey to me. Anyone heard of this?

It was total news to me.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2003 at 7:07pm
I've never heard of this, but common sense dictates that this is correct. Nail polish remover, especially with acetone, is nasty stuff. It's also very drying.
[/url]

Tara R View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2003 at 1:12am
My nail person told me that if you use nail polish remover that has accetone or similar chemicals, you should limit use of it to no more than 1-2 times a week. Because it can dry nails out and cause them to be brittle. There are actually nail polish removers that are chemical free (I know that HB.com) has some in their store) but I am not sure how well they work incomparison although they do spare your nails.

I think a lot depends also on the overall condition of your nails.

LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2003 at 12:07am
Acetone and Non-Acetone polish removers usually cost about the same. You can find them anywhere (wal-mart, K-mart etc.) It is a good idea to buy one with aloe or some other conditioners in them.

I hope this helps
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic