Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

All-time Favorite Nail Colour?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All-time Favorite Nail Colour?
    Posted: April 07 2003 at 3:23pm
Hello

I'm interested to know what your favorite nail colour is.

Personally, I adore Rouge Noir by Christian Dior.
It's like a very deep red, almost black.
I saw a rose that colour once. It's a very rare colour in nature but CD have synthezied it and bottled it for our pleasure and delectation.
No one messes with you when you wear it - it says "I am in a seriously seductive mood. You stand no chance against me."
You have to eat lobster, chocolate and the best red wine when you wear it.
Very brazen. An aphrodisiac nail colour.

Whats your fave and why?

Uzma
Uzi

SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 5:43pm
OK, this is somewhat obscure, but my favorite nail color is a Limited Edition color that Revlon issued a couple years ago. 2000 or 2001.
It was called 'Witty' and it was this amazing combination of pink and bronze and gold. It looked different in different shades of light and from different angles. When I wore it, I couldn't stop looking at my nails all day!

I do still have it, but it's turned really thick and takes forever to dry and chips easily. Maybe I could thin it out with a drop of remover. I wish I had bought 2 bottles, and saved one to keep fresh.

I'm also a big fan of OPI 'Chick Flick Cherry'. It's the perfect toenail shade. Not too bright, not too brown. And it lasts forever. My 3 year old bottle of OPI is still as good as new, and it lasts about a week on your nails without chipping.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
threejobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threejobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 2:02pm
Actually I have been searching for the perfect opaque nail polish in a pale pink. The kind you see on people with Acrylic nails. I have tried several brands but they all seem to be so "thin" that I never get the opaque look without having to apply 3-4 coats and then its a mess. I always see the color advetised with nail polish ads but the polish being sold never seems to live up to expectations.
I have not tried any from OPI line, does anyone have any suggestions?
threejobs!
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 10:09pm
OPI just came out with a new French(opps FREEDOM) manicure line for the summer. They are Bridal colors. They are beautiful!!!!!!

A good way to acheive that look is to buy white polish such as what is used on the tips of .........umm Freedom manicures. Polish the whole nail with the white in a very light coat. Then polish with the sheer color. It has a very pretty effect.

Or.....I just now painted mine with a beautiful pale pink that is new.. It is by Creative Nail....called "Gotcha". I love it!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 10:19pm
I usually don't wear nail polish and I don't have very long nails but when I do I usually prefer pinks or dark reds, not bright red or any bright color for that matter, and not black, I don't need the "goth" look.
My philosophy about nail polish is the same as my philosophy about lipstick, nothing too flashy or loud! Something a little more subtle.
I usually purchase Revlon or Estee Lauder nail polish.
Lady Maria
Isla Q. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isla Q. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 3:39am
I really like pastel colours, sometimes mix and match. One nail soft pink, one nail soft lilac, another pink one etc. But that's only when I'm feeling silly, mostly I wear a clear varnish.
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 12:01pm
i wear polish on my toe nails. i like MANY colors. i have a whole basket full of them. it's a good thing my husband is a house painter lol. [he paints my toe nails for me ] i like maybeline sterling silver because it goes with everything. i also like the french manicure on my toes too. right now i have on revlon raven red.
Constance View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Constance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2003 at 1:39am
UGH. Great topic but it has been haunting me because I have so many colors that I love although they are not all available.

Some of my favs include:

1. Hard Candy Nail Polish in Pixie
2. Essie - Macks
3. OPI - Far East Fuschia
4. Clinique Glossy Nail Enamel in Sweet Lily.

I could go on indefinitely.

SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2003 at 9:31pm
Hey Threejobs-
I just tried an OPI shade called 'Italian Love Affair' that's a pale pink with the slightest hint of pearl glow. It's really pretty, and it only took 2 coats to become opaque.

I just wish my skin were darker, because it looks a little strange on my pale, pale hands. But summer's coming!

Traci
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 11:57am
I also like opaque pale pinks. There's a salon brand that has a color called "ballet pink" (square bottle) that looks pretty good after 2 coats.

My all-time favorite is that same salon brand, square bottle, called "Scarlett O'Hara", it's a frosty burgundy red. It's a pretty wintery shade, though.

I tend to switch colors as follows: one time dark, next time light. I get sick of each after two weeks.
[/url]

BlueFreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 5:09pm
My favorites are..in order:

Black,blue,purple,red
(dark and metallic colors)

But it is hard to find GOOD black nailpolish!(Anyone here know of a good brand?)

For me,no clear nailpolish.Either have a color on,or nothing!

Now i have black nailpolish on,and a silver stripe down the middle.I do this often with the other colors too.
Penny Lane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penny Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2003 at 3:23pm
OPI-Chicago Champagne Toast

It's, well, champagne colored, shiny with a hint of pink. Very feminine and pretty.
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2003 at 12:35pm
My favorite pink nail polish is from the Clinique line. I think it's Tutu Pink, but the line is red/pink, so I'm sure you can find a shade that matches your skin-tone. I absolutely love it! It makes me feel like a princess when I wear it.

I have a bunch of Cover Girl nail polish, I really like the clear one. I also like the turquoise and mauve colors. And I have some "mistake" bottles that I only put on my toes for fun.
NewOrleansLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewOrleansLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 2:47am
I like french manicure or just a clear polish. It's fun to wear dark colors in the winter but, don't really have a favorite. I do have one called Sangria which is a very deep, dark red.
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but, wish we didn't."
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2003 at 10:06am
My 2 favorite nail colors are Orly Dainty Pink and Revlon Platinum Lame.

Twanda
Judi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2003 at 7:31pm
If you want a great color for fall, winter it's OPI's British Collection. The color is called " London Bridge Is Falling Down" It's like a dark brick color, looks good on any color skin.
Check it out!!
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 3:22pm
I POSITIVIELY ADORE Sinful Colors in Satin. Its a little on the warm side of nuetral, it is a slightly gold, shimmery nude. It reminds me of butterscotch cheesecake, which i like because I am big and fat
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2003 at 4:25am
I usually don't paint my nails unless I'm bored or my nails are chipping and breaking a lot (which they do if they start to get too long :-P ). Lately I've been letting my nails go longer between cuts (because I'm lazy *laughs*), and keep them painted clear most of the time. Sometimes I paint them blue or purple, usually dark shades (I love navy-blue!), but I did buy this really chrome-shiny lavender recently that I really like. Since my skin is so pink, I have to be really careful what shades I choose-- anything too warm looks awful on me, so I figure blues and bluish-purples are a fairly safe bet.
More awesome than a manatee!
kalli View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2004 at 7:29pm
My favorite nail polish is cherry pie red from GAP, you only need one coat. *It looks the best with white or black flip-flops, or black dress shoes.
angelgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2004 at 2:38am
hi everybody,
i love square filed, long nails, with a pearly french manicure colour (pink bed/white tips).

that is beautiful and to me just the tippy top height of elegance!!

Don't like acrylics personally speaking, just in my opinion, coz i think they always look kind of fakey and always seem to end up really fat lookin, uknow? Plus it's too expensive. That's just my opinion though!!!! i know some folks love 'em and just has to have 'em.

Anyway, if ur after opaque pink, maybelline express finish "barely pink 105" is pretty, or i would just use the pink from a french set.

i'm also a big fan of silver metallic, although my big sis says it looks too trashy. what the heck, it's just for fun.

--
don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic