Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Grocery Store Polish?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rita Shelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Grocery Store Polish?
    Posted: April 29 2003 at 8:55am
I recently bought a new nail polish that is supposed to last for 10 days..I believe it is called Revelon Color Stay..It is the polish and a clear top coat in one box. Costs around 4.00 or 5.00 at Wal-Mart. It does last and stays put for a good while. I went for a pedicure and the girl had a hard time getting it off. So for the price, it is cheap since it stays so long..Good luck.
Rita Shelton
Jessica James View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2003 at 3:22pm
Thank you so much uzma. I will try your tips.

Jessica
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2003 at 4:27pm
Hi Jessica

1. Make sure your nails are de-greased prior to applying nail polish. Wash them in non-moisturising soap and hot water and let them dry for half an hour before applying polish

2. Don't use moisturising nail polish.

3. Apply a nail-hardening undercoat and allow to dry thoroughly. Then - very lightly - use an extra-fine emery board to score the surface of the nail. Brush off the dust.

4. Apply 2 coats of your nail colour, taking care to go over the edge of each nail-tip, sealing it with the polish. Allow each coat to dry for half an hour.

5. Once the nail polish is dry, plunge your finernails in icy water for 1 minute.

Good luck.

Uzma
Uzi

Jessica James View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2003 at 2:29pm
My nails peel no matter what polish I use, expensive or drugstore. Any tips on how to stop the peeling?
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2003 at 6:26pm
Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thanks anyway.

Karen :-)
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2003 at 6:08pm
Drat !!! I just checked the Superdrug.com website - they are only located in the U.K.
Uzi

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2003 at 5:19pm
Hi Uzma,

Is Superdrug in England or do you know if they are also in the US? I love Essie and OPI polish but my nails tend to peel very badly. My manicurist said that I am allergic. So I don't polish often. I do like L'Oreal though. Very nice. But yes, alas, they still peel.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2003 at 1:00am
Hi Liza

Superdrug has it's own brand of cosmetics called KOLOR. I find their nail polishes are of the same high quality as more expensive brands - the the colours (and the range) is excellent.

Uzma
Uzi

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 9:32pm
I find Revlon and Loreal to be great. And they last forever, I have bottles that are many, many years old. A good shake renders the product good as new.
[/url]

Liza Zeeman View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liza Zeeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 2:05pm
I am a very poor student but love polish. I would love to use the better brands but have to stick with the el cheapos. What do you all think is the best brand for the $$$ at the grocery or drugstore chains?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic