Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jessica Nail Polist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liz Freeman View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liz Freeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jessica Nail Polist
    Posted: April 24 2003 at 1:11pm
I am confused. I heard that Jessica was owned by OPI and that OPI is only sold in salons and spas. I just saw Jessica at my local drugstore. So what is the scoop on that?
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2003 at 10:38pm
Jessica was once a privately owned company. It was founded and owned by a nail artist named Jessica_____. I cannot remember her last name. Her company was really big in the eighties, used by professional nail artists. This was long before OPI ever existed. As to who owns it now, I don't know, but I do know that OPI is owned by a man (can't recall his name either) who in which has a daughter named "Nicole" henceforth the Nicole brand polish. The Nicole brand polish is a very hip and radical polish in which a portion of the procedes go to charity.

In answering your question about OPI owning Jessica polish, the answer is no. He only owns the two polish lines listed above. Jessica is probably owned by a corporation by now, which is why you see it in the drugstores.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2003 at 6:25pm
Hi LiliBeach,

So glad to see you here. Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea. I love OPI and Essie but find that both cause my nails to peel. Boo hoo.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Betsy Lindsey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betsy Lindsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2003 at 7:39pm
Wow. I have no idea that Nicole and OPI had any connection. Are they sold only in salons?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic