Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tips I Tried For My Hands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Genna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips I Tried For My Hands
    Posted: May 08 2003 at 5:13pm
Hi,

I love this board and all the great tips. So I decided to share one that I just discovered you may all know about it but I thought I would share anyway.

I do a lot of work refinishing furniture and get splinters a lot. I am a big baby when it comes to taking them out. Recently a friend of mine suggested that I apply the area of the splinter with my baby's teething gel. It worked. Not only did it numb the area so I didn't feel any squeezing or pain, but I was more willing to dig and pull the entire splinter out.

I had never thought of doing this but the teething gel works. It numbed my finger perfectly. I actually went to the drugstore and bought a tube just to keep with my furniture refinishing kit. :-)

Hope this helps. Thanks for a great site and messageboard. You all are so friendly and kind to strangers like me that just lurk from time to time. :-)

LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2003 at 10:33pm
Wow, I would have never thought of that. Thank you.

As a hairstylist, we often get tiny "cut" hairs into our fingers and other things. They feel just like a splinter. They can get under your skin just the same.

If I ever have a tough one, I use wax (Like what you "wax" your eyebrows with) I apply it just like I am taking hair off and ripppp... it pulls the hair right out.

I will have to try that on my wimpy eyebrow wax clients. Thank you!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 4:02pm
Hi Genna,

Great tip. And LiliBeach. I love the idea for your eyebrow clients. LOL.

I get lots of papercuts from working with so many hair/fashion/beauty magazines and order books. I actually put a tiny dab of top coat on the tiny cut and it helps seal it over. I figured that out once when I was putting top coat on my chigger bites and it acidentally got on a paper cut. It stopped it from popping open and I didn't to wear a bandaide like I used to do.

It is probably not good for you but it works. :-)

I love all the great tips. Please keep them coming all of you. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic