Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

nails break at upper edge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alp1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alp1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nails break at upper edge
    Posted: May 21 2003 at 11:21am
My nails will always break no matter what at the edge of where they start to grow, right on that side. So of course, each time this happens I have cut the entire nail out.

I was told it's because I used to bite them and when you do that you tend to go up on the sides higher than normal making the nail very weak in that area.
Does anyone else have this problem???
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 10:46pm
Do you file your nails? Sometimes this can happen if you file your nails deep into the side against the skin.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
alp1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alp1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2003 at 11:29am
Hi Lili,

I do file my nails square, so I don't file them on the sides. I just recently stopped biting them (about 2 months ago) but when I was biting them I would do it all the way up to the sides very very high up.

So, that would be the cause of it, right? How can I make my nails stronger in that area. I had purchased a strengthener with garlic and made my nail tips very strong but they all keep braking up on the sides. Any suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic