Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

no chip polish??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MissErika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissErika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: no chip polish??
    Posted: December 12 2003 at 8:42pm
I hate to paint my nails because by the next day atleast one of my nails has chipped polish. What is a GOOD brand that will last?
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 3:16pm
Oh hun, I really wish I knew. I dont know if it's the way I apply it or WHAT, but my nial polish always chips in a day or less unless I put 5 coats of nail hardener/top coat on it. It might take awhile, but it really does work, do you normally use a top coat?
stylin4001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stylin4001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2004 at 8:11pm
OPI makes a great prouduct called Chip Ship, it dehydrates the nail bed, so your polish lasts longer. Give it a shot!
UP Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UP Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 12:49pm
Try Revlon ColorStay. It actually stays on! It's like a miracle!
curliegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curliegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 1:46am
theres no such thing.....i wish there was though casue i have the same problem....
Rhyse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 12:00pm

I have tried them all , they all last about a week even the ones Revlon makes that claims the polish last longer are no good...

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 7:17am
Brand definitely makes a difference.  There's one out there called sinful you can get for 2 bucks at the drug store - really neat colors but chips even the SAME day!  (The 1 dollar ones are better than that). 

I agree with UP Lisa that Revlon Colorstay is the best I've found lately, but I'd say it stays on about a week if you use the number of coats they suggest.  And I still have a problem with them if I buy bright or dark colors, (the pale ones don't show white ends sticking out of your nails like the dark ones do after a day or two).

I miss the old days when nail polish was full of toxic toluene and formaldehyde, stunk to high heaven and stayed on all week!  (I'm kind of kidding, okay, but it was true!).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic