Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

nail bubbles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pinksaliva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksaliva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nail bubbles
    Posted: May 23 2004 at 9:54pm
when i do my nails with certain nail polish, there are air bubbles when it finishes, and it NEVER dries so therefore leave many scratch marks as well, anyone have any idea?
i mainly use Sally Hanson, and Maybelline Wet Shine, only some of them leave those air bubbles. Maybe because i didnt dry them enough? but they NEVER completely dry.... help
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2004 at 8:18am
I noticed bubbles with Sally Hansen too. But I've also noticed that when in the salon, sometimes I get bubbles from temperature changes. Like if it's freezing in the salon from A/C and then I go outside when my nails are still wet into the humidity. So it could be something like that.

The best way to combat polish that never seems to dry is to apply each coat as thinly as possible, and wait 20 or 30 minutes between coats. Yes, that takes a long time. I do it at night while watching TV. But if I go to bed while they're still damp, I get nasty sheet marks/scratches.
[/url]

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2004 at 4:03am
I used to get all kinds of bubbles, mars, sheet prints, etc. and it would take forever for them to dry, but I think it was because I don't paint my nails often, so all the bottles I had were from long ago that I just never used up. Apparently when it gets old, it gets yucky like that :-P . I bought a new bottle and it doesn't do that-- it dries very nicely in just a few minutes. It then proceeds to look fine for a day at most, before it starts to chip and peel off :-P . But I'm rough with my hands, so nothing ever stays on my nails for long, even when I do bother to paint them.
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic