Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

french manicures and pedicures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
grad2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grad2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: french manicures and pedicures
    Posted: December 31 2004 at 1:23am
ok... i''m going to get my first medicure and pedicure.

about the manicure:
i never used to let my nails grow out long bc i was a tom-boy and was in a lot of sports. now that i''m not that active in the sport world, my nails have grown out and i want them to look pretty. right now they are just plain, old nails. can i get a french manicure on my real nails? jw.

about the pedicure:
i''m kind of nervous because my feet aren''t in the best condition. i have dry/dead skin on the heals of my feet. also, my big toe nail doesn''t seem to grow like the rest. it always grows arched at the end like a fingernail. the rest of my toe nails grow square-ish. i was just wondering if there is any technique i could do so that my big toe nail would look like the rest of my toes.
thanx,
)))(((***>>>~ApRiL~<<<***)))(((
Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 11:08am
I would not worry about how your feet look. I get pedicures regularly and have seen it all. It is the nail techs job to work on your feet and they are used to it. Just be sure to leave a good tip if you think your feet will require alot of work.
-Happy Hair Days
Kim
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 9:37am
For your finger nails, even with short nails I've seen them done with a french. Or consider getting a REALLY short silk-wrap. They add tips to your regular nails and wrap them with silk and over time the tip grows off. They are really thin and natural like your real nails. Or you can just get acrylics but they're not as thin as silks.

For you toes, you can get special treatments (for like an extra $5) that slough off dead skin and make them look pretty. I hate my big toes so in the summer when I wear sandals a lot I get acrylics on just my big toes. Like everyone I know gets it too - it seems weird but you'd be suprised at how many people do it. And you really don't ever need to get them filled because you can file them down yourself until they fall off.

Hope this helps!
This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic