Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coloring problems (doesnt stay) PLZ HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aerodorcho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerodorcho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coloring problems (doesnt stay) PLZ HELP!
    Posted: March 14 2005 at 9:42pm
Ok, well im a guy who doesn tenojoy his natural hair oclor of blonde. so for over a year now i have been dying my hair dark shades of brown and occasionally black. Recently i have tried applying brown again because color was fading and my roots grew in blonde, and in the past couple of occasions, the hair color hardly changes from its faded light brown, and my roots stay blonde. not onyl that but when i recently tried to put red highlights in the color came completely out after sitting in my hair for over 30 minutes. i have semi-thin hair that is long in front and short in back, i can send photos if needed. but i dont understand why colors dont stay in my hair nemore and why my roots wont take in color either. Plz help me!
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 1:32am
Question number one: What dyes are you using?  Permanent?  Brand names could be of help because Feria for instance has different properties than Ultress or Natural Instincts.

From what you told me, I haven't a clue why your roots wouldn't take color.  As to the rest of it, if you've used permanent over permanent over permanent, your cuticle is probably blown, so it won't hold permanent color anymore.  If you haven't already, try using a semi-permanent.  Semis often work on overprocessed hair when permanent won't.  Also, veggie dyes such as Special Effects and Manic Panic often are great on over-processed hair, and they don't contribute to the damage.  Both make black (no brown, though).
aerodorcho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerodorcho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 3:53pm
ahh ok that makes some sense. i usually just use any kind of brand but its always permanent. so ill try out semi permanent. anyway i can fix my cuticle problem?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic