Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"pre-tipping" synth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
purrmachine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "pre-tipping" synth
    Posted: March 16 2005 at 8:22am
Something I was thinking - since synth hair like dome/prostyles is made to be used with the heat seal technique, couldn't you just heat seal the ends of the strand before you install them if you are using shrinkies/rings instead of tipping with glue?  I can't imagine you'd get that much shedding since the tip is now sealed, and synth hair doesn't contract and expand when getting wet and so is much less prone to slipping anyway? 
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 8:32am
I'm not so sure about that.  I tried to seal the ends of my open ended PH braids with a lighter (cause I heard it worked well no laughing) when the ends got ratty.  It did work okay but the balance between the hair melting enough to hold itslelf together and singing was very hard to maintain.  I'm sure another heat source would improve the situation but the hairs didn't exactly melt together. 

Maybe with a heat clamp though...
purrmachine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 9:06am
Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of using a heat clamp,the same way you would melt the hair when doing heat-sealed.
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 12:49pm

amm did it with a hrinkiew, i was going to do that...

but i was wondering about your way too

i love plastikhaar
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 3:23pm

That might be worth trying.  When I was removing a shrinkie with PH hair attached, I accidently melted the hair with the flatiron.  It melted beautifully.

Experiment time!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic