Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHelp hair ripped out at root

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help hair ripped out at root
    Posted: March 16 2005 at 8:43am
Hi there chicks/chaps.  I got into a bit of a scuffle with another girl at Christmas and had some of my hair ripped out at the root around my crown area at the back/top of my head.  Its now end March nearly and I can't see that it is even starting to grow back.  Will it grow back?  Has it not grown back yet because it was totally ripped right out the roots? Help xx
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 3:56pm

Ohhhh I'm so sorry to hear about your scuffle! Here's a (((HUG))) for you. I used to have trich. i.e. I used to pull my hair out (a) compulsively (b) out of boredom and (c) from stress. I did this every day for at least two years. All that hair on the crown area has grown back somewhat, even though it is sometimes a different texture than my original hair. It's virtually impossible to rip out the hair follicle (the origin of hair growth) along with the hair strand. Your hair also might still be in the "recovering" stage.. I'd say wait awhile, take care of yourself, take vitamins, etc.. and see what comes into form in the next few months. Take care.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
SumoSamurai View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 1:31am

Lmao, that's why you should keep your hair short, or people can pull your hair and sock you continuously. It is very dangerous, so learn how to defend yourself, especially defending your head. Once they grab you, then you're not fighting anymore, you're wrestling and struggling with your opponent. Something you should keep in mind, if you do get too close to your opponent and they try to grab you and such, try tickling them, armpit, ribs, neck, anywhere. When you're being tickled, you can't really do much but wiggle and jiggle because you feel kind of numb. I recommend learning Wing Chun Kuen, some people say it's a girl kung fu, well it's not. It is simply very direct fighting, not kung fu dancing(meaning showing a lot of beautiful moves, wasted motions) or wasting any time or space and motion like many other types of martial arts. They might look beautiful when performed, but many of the moves are wasted and that gives your opponent an advantage. If you do go check out Wing Chun at a school, it might look very boring, but wing chun is very effective and efficient because of how direct the fighting is. You really can't impress someone by doing the wing chun forms because it doesn't look all that beautiful when performed. Though there are many different systems of Wing Chun, and I do Hung Fa yi Wing Chun Kuen, which is actually better than the other systems. You'll know why I say that if you try doing another style of wing chun, and then change to hung fa yi wing chun. Jut Kuen Do(the kung fu bruce lee invented) is made up of a whole lot of variety of other styles of martial arts, including wing chun. I think there are three weopons in wing chun, but I only know a little of the broad sword. But my sifu(teacher) is teaching me the iron fan, first learning how to do the forms, then learning how to fight with it. The iron fan is not part of wing chun. And the good thing is I can stay for 3.5 hours for each wing chun training session and three times a week. lmao, my cousins learn shaolin kung fu and they only have it for 1 hour, too bad for them. I get speacial priority, not even the seniors students can stay that long. You can call me a begginer, that';s because I never ask to take any tests to level up which i could have done the firsth 6 month of doing wing chun but I know all the things begginers should know, but I get to stay for the begginers group and senior group. I think I'm classified as a super noob haha. I've been doing wing chun for almost about 2.5 years. Also, an iron fan is a legal weopon, so you can bring it out to anywhere without getting arrested as if you bring a sword out on the streets. Hey, it's a fan, you use it for keeping cool, it's not sharp or anything. =D

Man, you got f**ked. Tell me what happened, I'm curious. :)

Edited by SumoSamurai

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 3:41am

Thanks for the hug anais, (one back).  Its put my mind at rest, thought I was going to be bald forever, my scalp is dead white so I have to cover the bald bit up LOL xx

Hey there Sumo, that sounds great.  I'm e-mailing somebody in the UK as we speak to see if they do a class in my area.  Basically it was New Year's Day and this particular girl, her and her friend had beat up my mate a few weeks before, they'd made a right mess of her and because I was out with her, they were staring at me.  I was very drunk so me being me walked over and asked what her problem was and that was it, I was very drunk which didn't help but she grabbed hold of my hair and we ended up wrestling on the floor with her still holding my hair.  I had several bits broke off, thank god I had coloured hair but the bit around my crown area was quite dark so it was strong so it got ripped out at the root.  Apparently the other girl was running up and kicking me in the head.  I was in bed for four days after but she got some back xx

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 6:49am

Hi Amanda,

So sorry to hear of your incident.  How awful and frightening.  I am glad you are OK and recovering.

I had read somewhere that hair pulling had become much more prevalent lately and so I was even more distressed to see the following article in the India Times...........

I hope we can stop this from happening although it doesn't help with teachers do it to their students in front of others.  Not only does it give bullies ideas but it promotes the hair pulling. 

From The TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16, 2005 11:37:04 PM]

KOLKATA: Five-year-old Virnica Gupta, a nursery student, forgot to take a polythene bag to school on Tuesday. This angered her teacher so much that she tore off a fistful of the child's hair. The teacher, Ruma Pal, was arrested on Wednesday night, within hours of the parents filing a complaint with the police.

On Monday, Virnica's teacher had told the class to bring polythene bags to school the next day. Virnica forgot to inform her parents and, consequently, reached school on Tuesday without the bag.

That was enough to make Ruma fly off the handle. She first scolded Virnica and then pulled her by the hair, allegedly tearing off a whole bunch from the right scalp. When Virnica returned from school, her mother had her examined by family physician P.P. Gupta, who found "bruises" on the scalp. "Her hair had indeed been pulled out," Gupta told TOI. Virnica is in a state of shock.

This incident happened at the Salt Lake branch of Our Lady Queen of the Missions School, one of the city's top institutions.

Virnica's father Hitesh Gupta waited till Wednesday before confronting the teacher in the presence of the principal. "I did not go to the police immediately because I wanted to know how the school authorities reacted to my daughter's pain. The teacher said it was an 'accident' and she 'didn't mean' to hurt my daughter so badly. The principal's reply wasn't convincing either. So I filed a complaint at Bidhannagar (South) police station," Hitesh said, adding that the principal had told him to file a written complaint that she could forward to the governing body.

There was no response to TOI's attempts to contact the school principal at home on Wednesday night.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 7:35am
Oh my god Karen that's absolutely terrible.  I found the idea of tickling someone that Sumo suggested very funny but actually very effective when thinking about it.  I haven't been out since new year because I'm getting married in 3 weeks in mexico and didn't want to fall victim of another attack and have no hair to put my hair extensions on for my wedding LOL xxx
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 7:50am

Hi Amanda,

Actually, I constantly receive emails from people forwarding me hair news items and lately I have seen a couple of hair pulling incidents reported around the globe involving women and children.  It is very sad to see.

As for your wedding, a couple of thoughts about your recovering spots:

1.  Many hair extension experts and the DIYers use wonderful "temporary" add-on techniques that include toupee tape.  A celebrity hairdresser I know uses toupee tape on some of his big name stars to "temporary" add hair right at the scalp level.  You might like to drop by our Hair Extension talk board...the people there are amazing and would probably be able to offer you several DIY options or point you to someone that could work to camoflauge your current situation from your hair pulling.

Oops...I just saw you on the Hair Extension board...my apologies.  The folks there are really great and so helpful.

2.  What about the gorgeous new head scarves as a headgear option?  A women recently purchased one of each of our gorgoues hand made Susan Daniel scarves and I was so curious that I emailed her to ask if she was going to wear them all herself.  She said no...that she was getting married and that she was wearing the white scarf with a flower wreath on top and that all the bridesmaids were wearing the different colors with matching floral circular wreaths on top of the scarves.  I thought that was so inventive and cool.  Yes, very non traditional, but cool.

3.  What about a cool bridal covering like a lace mantilla veil that would cover up the spots?  Or big flowers (which are so hot).  We had one bride who took several Michelle Roy silk flowers in white in different sizes ranging from small to very large and wired them together to form a stunning wreath. 

Anyway...you have my total sympathy for what happened.  If I can help in any way with ideas or suggestions, please let me know.

Hugs to you.
Karen

Edited by Karen Shelton
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 9:14am
Ahh thanks ever so much, I have actually just received my hair from America so I think to cover the bald patch I will have to work my extension up a little higher than I wanted to but hey its not the end of the world.  I'm getting married in a beautiful country on the beach in the sun.  I like the flower idea though, I might try that.   They are providing fresh flowers for my hair and bouquet when I get there so I might ask if they can make a wreath with them, that would be beautiful, thanks so much, you're so helpful xxxx
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 10:28am

Hi Amanda,

Flowers are always sooooo gorgeous for any occasion.  I am sure you would look so lovely in them.  Especially fresh flowers that worked with your entire wedding theme.  How lovely that would be.  :-)

Best wishes,
Karen

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 10:39am
I'll be posting pictures on hair extension forum when I get back to also show off my hair so keep a look out xxx
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 10:49am

Coolllllllllllllll.  Yes...please post.  Can't want to see them.

I will definitely be checking.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic