Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Homemade Hair Recipes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
darrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homemade Hair Recipes
    Posted: March 03 2022 at 6:27pm
Official Human Hair Extensions i kept now, hope you like, tooSmile
Could chat with the hairdresser in the website
tape in hair:https://wighairemyextension.com/product-category/hair-extension/tape-in-human-hair-extensions/
clip in hair:https://wighairemyextension.com/product-category/hair-extension/clip-in-human-hair-extensions/
ponytail:https://wighairemyextension.com/product-category/hair-extension/ponytail/
i tip hair extensions:https://wighairemyextension.com/product-category/hair-extension/pre-bonded-human-hair-extensions/i-tip-human-hair-extensions/
u/nail tip hair extensions:https://wighairemyextension.com/product-category/hair-extension/pre-bonded-human-hair-extensions/u-tip-human-hair-extensions/
flat tip hair extensions:https://wighairemyextension.com/product-category/hair-extension/pre-bonded-human-hair-extensions/flat-tip-human-hair-extensions/
flat weft:https://wighairemyextension.com/product-category/hair-weft-bundles/flat-weft/
hand tied weft:https://wighairemyextension.com/product-category/hair-weft-bundles/hand-tied-weft/
wigs:https://wighairemyextension.com/product-category/lace-wigs/

Lots of colors and textures you could choose in website

ESPRIT-COIFFEUR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ESPRIT-COIFFEUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2020 at 1:59pm

Soothing Remedy For Dry, Damaged Scalp

Ingredients
1 cup of sugar free unflavored yogurt
1/2 fresh cucumber
1 avocado
1 entire egg
1 wheat germ oil

Use organic products when possible.

Peel and dice the cucumber.  Peel. avocado and add entire egg to a blender.
Add all of the ingredients to a clean blender.  Blend together.

Apply blended mixture with clean fingertips (do not use fingernails) to damp scalp and hair.  Massage very gently.

Leave product on the scalp and in the hair and cover with a shower cap or plastic wrap or a warm towel wrapped into a turban or similar wrap.

Leave the mixture on scalp and hair for 30 minutes. 

Remove from cap or towel and rinse with lukewarm water.  Apply a rinse out conditioner on hair, gently detangle in small sections working from the ends up to the roots.  Work slowly to prevent pulling on the scalp. 

Rinse out conditioner once hair has been completely detangled.

Finish with a cool/cold water rinse.  Gently accordion squeeze hair in small sections to remove excess water.  Blot dry with a clean soft microfiber towel or 100% clean cotton towel or cloth.

Apply desired leave-in conditioner to the hair.  Finger rake the product through.  Air dry if possible or roll hair in soft rag rollers.

Or dry with a long finger diffuser with the blow dryer set on the slowest, coolest/coldest speeds.

This product can also be used to soothe a sunburnt scalp.

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 07 2021 at 6:07pm
hairebot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairebot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2015 at 2:44am
yes, i'm gonna try the hot oil treatment....function d_log(s) { var ev = document.createEvent('events'); ev.initEvent('heartbeat_log', true, false); document.body.setAttribute('heartbeat_attrib', s); document.dispatchEvent(ev); };
newhairstyles.news - popular new hairstyles
spyvine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spyvine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 8:09am
Olive oil will give your hair softness and shine.Oil is gentle and natural,making it ideal for anyone battling dry hair,including children.A hot oil treatment can be done after chemical processing or used to help hair texture and condition after environmental damage.Naturally dry hair,including curly hair,may especially benefit from occasional olive oil treatments.
spyvine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spyvine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 1:37am
Have anyone tried the mix of lemon juice and olive oil. I heard it was the best for itchy scalp and my scalp itch tremendously.
judy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2013 at 2:39am
For starters, let’s look at a pervasive problem for African Americans: dry hair and scalp. This means that you might find yourself with the problem of dandruff. There is a good way to get rid of dandruff right in your kitchen cupboard. Take three tablespoons of cooking oil and one tablespoon of lime juice and mix them together. Then rub the mixture on your scalp and leave it there for about a half an hour before you take a shower. The acid in the lime will kill the bacteria that are creating the dandruff while the oil will moisturize your scalp.
If you want to relax your hair in a natural way you can also do that at home. All you need is a jar of coconut milk, a little cornstarch, and some limes. Mix up the coconut milk and lime juice until they are blended. Then, over low heat, start to whisk in the cornstarch until the mixture resembles that of conditioner that you might buy at the beauty store. Apply the homemade relaxer to your hair, making sure to work through all the strands. Then secure your hair under a plastic shower cap and leave it there for about an hour. Shower and when you are done you will see that you hair is slightly more relaxed than it was before the treatment. You can use this method about once every two weeks; every time you do it you will get more pronounced results.
Rachel S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2013 at 8:11pm
Herbal Hair Oil Recipes

Herbal hair oil is a concoction of herbal extracts that penetrate deep into the scalp and nourishes hair roots. Our team persistently strives to research and blend pure herbs and natural proteins into herbal hair oil, which treats, nourishes, conditions, revitalizes and promotes hair growth.

Have a nice day.

Rachel !!!
dcssalman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcssalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2013 at 3:57am
I guess mustard oil is the best way to control the hair falling and makes your hair longer stronger and shiny 
francheskab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francheskab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 2:00pm

Good afternoon, I am a newbie Smile

Ladies, I need some serious advise.  I am a "bi-racial" mother of a little girl, who didn’t inherit my "bi-racial" hair.  With that being said. I feel like I am totally lost when it comes to combing her hair. I suck big time.  Over the course of a few years, her hair had grown long and thick from a regimen of hair greases that I concocted together when she was a baby.  Well, I got a little more than I bargained for.  Her hair became three times the thickness of mine, and nowhere near the same texture. Not to mention she is severely tender-headed.

To make my life easier, (I'm so ashamed to say this, but here it goes) I permed her hair a couple years ago. Not very frequently, (three times within an 18 month period, once every six months). As the new growth started to come in, I would put her hair in braids with beads at the end. (I know that's so old school, but it was cute) As a result her hair has broken off, tremendously. Her hair is severely dry and hard for me to take care of.

Disapprove

I refuse to perm it again, and am looking for a (shampoo/deep condition) remedy to help repair, her hair and grow it out.  Also a pudding/butter (but not too greasy), that I can use for everyday styling. 

I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to find the right product, but haven't found it yet.  I like to use thick creamy products, that will hold/lay her hair down, as well as moisturize in the process. Any suggestions?  (sorry for the novel)

Have a *´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Wonderful day!
jonyyggreg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyyggreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2011 at 12:20pm
On one of those sites there is a compound for all natural hair straighter that uses attic milk.  Try to use glassy pillow cases- That will advice accumulate hair from searching so bad in the morning.
HeyGirlHey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyGirlHey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Hi,Have you tried castor oil as part of your mix?  I have heard for years that it's fabulous but it just makes my hair really oily and greasy. 

I have! I've used Jamaican castor oil. The only thing is it tends to "strip" your relaxer. It makes your hair look thick and a bit coarse so I use it on my thinning spots
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 10:40am
Hi,

Have you tried castor oil as part of your mix?  I have heard for years that it's fabulous but it just makes my hair really oily and greasy. 
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyGirlHey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 10:09am
Sorry I meant "hemp" seed oil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyGirlHey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 10:07am
I've been moisturizing my scalp and hair with a mix of: Coconut oil, virgin olive oil, and helm seed oil and its really made my hair strong. I actually use it on my dry skin too. Not to mention it smells gooood

Edited by HeyGirlHey - October 05 2011 at 10:09am
isolougFrorge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isolougFrorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 3:55am

fish oil research
benefits of fish oil

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 05 2011 at 8:56pm
aadamjones01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aadamjones01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2011 at 4:00am
Homemade Recipes for Conditioners :-

Take half a crushed banana, 1 table-spoon honey, and a tablespoon of coconut/olive oil. Merge all the four ingredients tin a mixer. This treatment make sues dandruff free and totally clean hair. The solution to beautiful hair is a clean scalp. Strain the liquid, cool it and employ it on your hair as the last wash after shampoo. Let down your hair after shampoo and slowly dispense the tea water on the head, rubbing softly with the fingers. This will improve the look of your hair and you will get more gorgeous hair. There is no way to tell the certain hair conditioner will be "the one". You require to try them and see which one fits you best.

Edited by Karen Shelton - June 20 2011 at 8:19pm
Shue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2010 at 6:04am
Sorry! Let me clarify my question is this a leave in or wash out conditioner?
the Conditioning Creme recipe on page 3
1 part shea butter
1 part conditioner
1/2 part oil
A few drops essential oil

I am planning to condition my cousin's hair today.
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Smile
Shue Williams
Shue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2010 at 5:59am
Hello,
Is this a wash out conditioner or leave in?Confused
Shue Williams
tdb859 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdb859 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2010 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Jaidey Jaidey wrote:

Good afternoon, I am a Newbie and would like some information... I am from South Africa so our time zones would be totally out. Right now the time is almost 3 in the afternoon and where most of you guys are its almost 7 in the morning. My daughter has very thick EXTREMELY curly hair. As soon as I wash / wet her hair it goes all wild. Bare in mind she's only 4... and has a sister the age of 2 - her (my 2 year old) hair is still manageable because its still short. Now back to my 4 year old. Her hair is very strong and reaches about 10 fingers away from her buttocks. This makes it even harder to take care of. Heres the dillemma, I have been dabbling with thoughts of relaxer for a very long time now. Almost 8 months. I am at my wits end trying homemade remedies that dont seem to work on her extremely dry hair. Is there someone out there who can help me. Pleeeeeeease Confused I dont know where else to turn and I found this site almost by accident.
Please donot put a relaxer in your daughter's hair.  Please try some of the sites I posted on page 6 befroe doing that.  Also read this website about relaxers and what they are and what they do to your hair and scalp. http://www.skinbiology.com/truthabouthairrelaxers.html
On one of those sites there is a recipe for a All NATURAL hair straightner that uses coconut milk... Try to use satin pillow cases- That will help keep hair from looking so bad in the morning. 
My son is 4y/o and has curly hair down to the middle of his back (and yes my son-lol).  I was trying so many products and then got into making my own.  And you are right, there is so much trial and error but once you find what works for her-it will be so worth it!
tdb859 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdb859 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2010 at 5:19pm
A few of the websites I use for recipes are

I hope this helps.
Please remember when making your own products to use a preservative.  The one I use is GrapeFruit Seed Extract ( http://hairrecipes.homestead.com/preservatives.html)  this will make sure your recipes donot get any type of bacteria or molds in them!

Edited by tdb859 - March 08 2010 at 5:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic