Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mocha’s Revitalizing Liquid Glue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mocha’s Revitalizing Liquid Glue
    Posted: March 17 2005 at 2:36pm
Okay so I work/got to school in a physics lab.  And we have wide variety of chemicals at our disposal.  So shen my LG bottle got gummy I decided to see if we had the solvent in it hanging around in the lab.  And we do.  So I took a really gummed up bottle of LG about 1/4 full (its the smaller 1/2 oz size) and added a little bit of trichloroethylene(same as trichlorethene the listed final ingredient) to it today to see if it would un gum it.  So far the answer is yes it does.  But I don't have any fake hair to glue together with me.  I will try pretipping with my new and improved  much runnier LG when I get home.  I think its actually a little thinner than my unopened bottle at home.  It's not the cheapest stuff in the world but its not horrifically expensive (for those who can't mooch off there schools).  It didn't take a whole lot to get it runny like it is now.  I think based on a google froogle search that you could get enough to 'revitalise' 500 or so bottles for about $17 dollars.  Then those of you who still like LG could actually use the whole bottle not have to waste the gummed up bottom of the bottle....

Yay hair experiments.  I'll let you know how it works out when I get home later.

:)al
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 2:37pm

Very cool! Let us know how well it works on the hair and maybe I'll get it up on my site!

Edited by CaliforniaKristin
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 5:08pm
so far so good.  I definitely added a bit too much TCE cause it is a bit runny.  But I just made a tip with the revitalised version and it seems to work in spite of being runny.

I had to wait a little bit longer than normal before rolling it.  We'll see how long it takes for it to cure if it does but it looks good so far.

:)al
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 5:19pm

What a great tip, Mocha! That LG clumps up so fast.

Thanks for testing that.

:)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic