Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFaqs - New Visitors Start Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Dat Boy Quis View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2006 at 5:13pm
whats good fams. i was surfing the web and ran up on this site. wow i never thought there was a site for homies on how to get dem spinnas. the internet has everything.  im new to the site but not new to the wave game. i hav 360s and hav been waving for about  a year now on and off due to the military, but wit waves there is always room for more progress.  but im glad to be a part of this site and help anybody thats need getting dem spinnas.   

Edited by Dat Boy Quis - September 24 2006 at 5:54pm
the power of water and a brush....explore the possibilities. (Ravens Super Bowl CHAMPS '07)

So So Fresh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2006 at 7:01pm
hey man.
 i would need ur help i ve sum waves just by nature but now i want to get it 2 d 360 level and i would need ur help cuzz its gettin hard 4 me i need quick progress. thanks and i would like 2 knoe ur daily routin on how u get ur waves 2 keep spinin.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2006 at 7:03pm
 that's my pic i need 2 knoe how long it would take me 2 start spinin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2006 at 9:57pm
whats good fam. ur pic didnt come up but its cool. but for me i had no waves to start with and nappy hair. but here is my daily routine.
materials: 2 brushes (soft and medium) carrot creme and murrays, pink oil shampoo

i do most of all of my brushing at night cuz most of the day im busy. but when i first started, i brushed non stop cuz i really wanted waves. i get in the shower and brush with my medium brush for 5 mins. then brush in the shampoo. leave in and wash up, then go back to brushing my hair again and brush the shampoo out for about 5-10 more mins. if im not washing my hair that day i just brush my hair with water in the shower. i wash my hair every two days. aiight i get out the shower and brush my hair for about 15 mins till almost dry then add carrot creme brush that in and add just a lil murrays  and brush for about 20 mins. i have been peeping this site and a lot of people dont use murrays but lets jam so any pomade is cool it really dont matter, brushing is the key. im bout to get some lets jam this week and see how it is. a lot of ppl repping that on this site. so after that i wet my wave cap and put it on then put a du rag over the cap so when i go to bed my pillow aint all wet and stuff. then when i get up in the morning i go over my head wit the softy for about five mins then im on my way. oh when i get out the shower i use the softy the whole time but if you have really nappy hair you can use the medium. i really cant say how long it took cuz i was on and off but just be patient and consistent. hope this helped you man.....  

the power of water and a brush....explore the possibilities. (Ravens Super Bowl CHAMPS '07)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2006 at 10:14pm
thanks man so when u say u wash ur hair 2 times a week does dat mean the other 5days u dont use water or anything like dat

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2006 at 10:27pm
my fault i was typing kinda fast, prolly left stuff out. i shampoo my hair once every other day at night. and on the days i dont shampoo my hair in the shower i just brush my hair with water

JeyBuildem View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2006 at 9:47pm
My question is, can brushing consistantly cause hair to fall out, i mean i've heard things that people get bald fast this way.

Secondly, the pics i have below of myself are fairly acurate, my main concern really is the right side of my head and my back, it would be a bonus to fill in the center more, but so far with my type of hair is 360 realistic?

LDIZL View Drop Down

360 Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 2:24pm
with a hard brush.... yeah i can see the brushin constatnly thinning out ur hair... but after ur wave pattern is developed... and when u make the transition to the softy brush... my hair is more healthy then anything with all the washing conditioning and the natural vitimans bein put in my hair daily with carrot cream.. dun think ull have a balding prob unless its completley heriditary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by LDIZL LDIZL wrote:

with a hard brush.... yeah i can see the brushin constatnly thinning out ur hair... but after ur wave pattern is developed... and when u make the transition to the softy brush... my hair is more healthy then anything with all the washing conditioning and the natural vitimans bein put in my hair daily with carrot cream.. dun think ull have a balding prob unless its completley heriditary

So you're saying i need to use a Soft brush because the hard is thining out my hair? How do i get the waves in the center of my head and the other areas that is needed the most. You mention something about this carrot cream, where can i find that what brand of that would u recommend?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2006 at 10:07pm

carrot creme is a moisturizer that u put in your hair to keep it from drying out. sorta like lotion for ur skin. it is found at walmart and at beauty shops. you hav good waves yo. just keep brushing and in time you will b spinning. stick wit the softy. it takes longer for ur waves to come compared to using the hard but its for the best. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2006 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Dat Boy Quis Dat Boy Quis wrote:

carrot creme is a moisturizer that u put in your hair to keep it from drying out. sorta like lotion for ur skin. it is found at walmart and at beauty shops. you hav good waves yo. just keep brushing and in time you will b spinning. stick wit the softy. it takes longer for ur waves to come compared to using the hard but its for the best. 

seen seen, respect yo. So i'm a just stick wid the soft brush i got wid me.....to be honest i haven't noticed one peice of a difference on my right side and back that i'm working on, any recommendations?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 8:13pm
a hard brush would get them to show faster. my recommendation would be after a cut, grow your hair longer than you would usually do, start brushing wit the softy while hair is short then switch to the hard when hair is high. use du rag or wave cap to keep hair down when high. thatgs how i got my right side to show

Don Twista View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 4:46pm
dis post has been called "FAGS" so many timez i tink newbies feel targeted
dusneed View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 9:02pm
Well I just cut my hair after 8 years of growing it, right, so I want waves because I think that's the ultimate freshness. The thing is when I had my hair I used to put it in a ponytail and it would be spinin. My problem is I just cut my hair and have been brushing but there's nada going on, I have a dark Caesar and I have really curly soft hair.....my hair is just lying flat on my head...what gives??

Edited by dusneed - March 13 2007 at 9:24pm
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 12:55am
go to read the FAQ and read Waveology...it'll get you started!

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
Poseidon View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 12:41pm
what it is maine, i just joined this site and pretty new to the wave game. i just wanted to know what kind of shampoo & conditioner do yall use?

Edited by Poseidon - June 24 2007 at 12:42pm
An OaSiS AmOnGsT MaNy DeSeRtS

King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 1:27pm
Shampoo: Pantene Pro-v (For Women of Color)
Conditioner: Carrot Cholesterol...it usually comes with carrot cream container

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
Poseidon View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by King Cash King Cash wrote:

Shampoo: Pantene Pro-v (For Women of Color)
Conditioner: Carrot Cholesterol...it usually comes with carrot cream container
bet that, good shot cash
An OaSiS AmOnGsT MaNy DeSeRtS

SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 2:47pm
Head N' Shoulders Shampoo & Conditioner
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down