Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

garnier fructis!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bluetigerlily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetigerlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: garnier fructis!
    Posted: March 20 2005 at 4:55pm
 i have realy fine hair and anyone with fine hair knows that the winter is the worst time of year.  because of the winter,  i have split ends, static, frizz,  you name it!  i tried garnier and all these problems went away!  my hair is shiny and sleek with out being greasy or looking greasy.  its like i have normal hair now accept softer!  has any one else had that kind of success with garnier???
SumoSamurai View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 10:43pm
I've never experienced any of these frizz, static, split ends before from the wheather. I don't really get why people get all these problems because of the wheather and climate. But I had never had split ends that's for sure.

Edited by SumoSamurai

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetigerlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 3:22pm
where abouts in the u.s. do you live.   if your climate is not dry then you most likely wont have a problem with it.  i live in new york.  if you live in new york or anywhere north of here,  then i dont know why you dont have these problems.  i know i am not the only one.  almost all of my friends have the same problem i do.
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 7:17pm
I live in San Francisco, California.

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetigerlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 3:59pm
that might explain it. :)
Melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 12:40am

I tried Garnier shampoo and conditioner ... I tried it one time on my hair and it made it real greasy and felt really dry ... I washed my daughter hair with it and it did a good job on her hair ... Our hair has different textures so that may be it ... Glad you had luck with it ...

Edited by Melly
...Don't follow me...I run into walls...
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 1:21am

The most important thing to ever remember about any hair/beauty products that you read about is:

One Size Does Not Fit All

Basically what I mean is that what works for one person may not work for someone else.  Even if they have the very same type and texture of hair.  Sumo makes a great point about how where you live has an impact.  This is because the type of water - hard, soft or somewhere in between - can have an impact as well.  Also local climate - dry, humid.

Many other variables that come into play such as how often hair is washed, if other products are used, if the hair is chemically treated or not...etc etc etc.,

So if you read that Jessica Simpson who has very fine hair (although a lot of hair) uses XYZ hair products, keep in mind that she lives most of the year in LA, California BUT that she wears a lot of hair extensions and that she has a hairdresser around to help her all the time make her hair look spectactular.  She also has highlights and color done to her hair AND she uses different products for different reasons.

Bottom line, while selecting shampoos/conditioners & other hair products can start with type, texture & current condition (fine vs thick, dry vs oily, short vs long, chemically treated or not) ultimately you have to kiss a few frogs until you find your "best" products.

It is my opinion, that the #1 reason hair consumers are dissatisfied with the hair care products that they buy is that they don't really understand this fact.  Also I think that they expect too much from products.  Shampoo is designed to clean.  End of subject.  It can't make damaged hair better and it can't make hair grow faster.  It cleans it.  Yes, some shampoos are more gentle than others, some will help bring out colors but bottom line, they are used to clean hair.

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant a bit here. 

Karen

Edited by Karen Shelton
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 1:12am

Then how come they separate different types of shampoo/conditioners for different hair conditions, such as dry and damaged, why they make a whole 2 bottles of shampoo and condition for dry and damaged? Why do they say it's for dry and damaged hair? Or fine shampoo/conditioner, or sheer, etc. If shampoo is only for cleaning and nothing else, why do they do that?

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 8:18am
It's a marketing gimmick. You're more likely to buy a special shampoo made exclusively for your hair type. Then you're more likely to notice that your hair is nice and attribute this to the new product, even though it may in fact be unchanged. Then you're more likely to develop a brand loyalty based on #1 & #2. You may even continue to use the product long after buildup turns your hair into a broken mass of plasticky silicones.
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 6:48pm
So the fructis shampoos are all made exactly the same?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 9:13pm
Compare the ingredients lists side by side and see.
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 11:12pm
Yeah, go do that for me.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2005 at 5:23pm
They're similar. But there will be some subtle differences in ingredients, just to throw you off.
my LJ, 40 inches long
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2005 at 5:41pm
And how come that's legal?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2005 at 6:20pm
Caveat emptor.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2005 at 9:06pm
That's the way advertising works. It's legal because they put the burden on the buyer to read the ingredients, hence "buyer beware". This is also why the ingredients are listed in very very small font. Marketing strategies work better when nobody cares about the ingredients.
my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetigerlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 4:10pm

wow this post grew alot since last i've been on.

well anyway,  yeah i dont realy go for that whole  "this shampoo is for this hair type" thing.  i just get the brand in its normal hair bottle and see how it does.

Callalily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callalily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 10:34pm
I love garner fructis!  Esp. the 3 min. mask!
ravenlox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravenlox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 7:28am
Yeah, the three minute mask for dry hair rocks. I have used this one and it leaves my hair feeling fantastic, but not "plasticy". that reminds me to get some more. i dont like the shampoos though. They are awful.
13.5/17.5/26
phyllis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phyllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 12:37am

Well if you can live in S.F. with all the fog and not know how weather affects your hair.. then you can live anywhere. The fog is the absolute worst weather frizzer of them all ..

I do know the regular garnier fructis shampoos (dry, damaged, fine, healthy.. etc.) dont work well with my fine, thin and naturally curly/wavy hair. But the fructis "sleek and shine" makes my hair feel better, and it seems to be less unruly. I know cause I bought the regular shampoo by mistake and then wondered why my hair was sucking so bad. It's in a slightly different bottle label from the rest of the garnier fructis line... kind of pearlescent.

I"ll have to try that mask thing.

If it ain't broke, it's not mine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic