Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jessica Alba

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 5:48am
Pooh, boring style.  Hopefully she can do something with it, like with curls or accessories or whatever, to make it look nicer.
More awesome than a manatee!
HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 6:10am
Blond or brown, she looks nice.  Don't think the current style is that flattering though ... have to agree with Kuroneko there.
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 9:11am

I'm going to hold off judgement until I see it again.  I think we're somewhat seeing the effect of her on a casual day, with hair and makeup undone and then comparing that to her made up glamour shots.  I guarantee you that on an average day her hair does not look the same as it did at the Sin City premier.  She just looks less glamorous and more her age.

When I see her without it tucked behind her ears then I'll decide.  In the meantime I just like to see any celebrity make a change and her in particular moving towards the somewhat slutty (sorry if the word affends) style she seemed to be trending towards.  She hadn't gotten there yet but it seemed like she was moving that direction.  I never like it when someone tries deliberately to be a sex symbol.  She's much more attractive a little more natural. 

I do think the new length would be much better in Brown.  The blond has this sultry flair that just doesn't quite work with short hair tucked behind her ears.  The brown would frame her face more and look nicer IMO.

MoiMeMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoiMeMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 10:00am
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 1:25pm
Maybe she cut it short in an attempt to get rid of possible damage from her bleaching it blonde. Its a cute cut. Short hair looks adorable on her. But is it me or does her hair look orangey to you? I think they tried to keep the warm tones in her hair because she has a warm skin tone, but IMO brassy is NEVER a compliment to any skin tone.
norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 3:17pm

Originally posted by amymusic amymusic wrote:

Maybe she cut it short in an attempt to get rid of possible damage from her bleaching it blonde. Its a cute cut. Short hair looks adorable on her. But is it me or does her hair look orangey to you? I think they tried to keep the warm tones in her hair because she has a warm skin tone, but IMO brassy is NEVER a compliment to any skin tone.

I agree with you on the whole damage thing, but in addition have you ever noticed that when celebrities take out their extensions it is touted as "a new haircut." Is it technically a haircut when they never had long hair to begin with? A lot of times the extensions cause so much damage (not to mention the bleaching) that they have no choice BUT to cut their hair after they remove extensions. This goes for Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Simpson, Faith Hill, Britney Spears, Christina Aquilera, Lauren Holly to name a few. Extensions wreak havoc on hair, I should know I had them a few years ago.

Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 6:21pm
I kind of figured she'd be cutting it soon... she has a tendency to grow it out, then cut it short into a no-style. I'll reserve official judgement until I see it done up, but so far... eh.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 7:09am
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====11 1201&c4nvi=3&str=1981&styp=clbi&nbc1=1

Okay, this is an improvement over the last set of pictures, but I don't think it's an improvement over the long hair (It looks good in general, but not as good as she has in the past).
alvin8191 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alvin8191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 7:35am

Not an attractive style! I like the short hair on her. She has great facial features for it, it's just not a good style. Almost looks like a grow out rather than a haircut.

short is good, buzzed is better, bald is best!!!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 7:55am
Boring.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 10:36am
As thin as her hair looks short I'm betting very little if any of her long hair was really hers.  As someone posted earlier, it is odd that she seems to cut her hair short, go out unstyled or with a hat on then grow it long again.
Joey99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 11:15am
I actually like it, too (not a fan of the orange color, either, though).  I think she looks pretty both ways (long or short doesn't matter a whole lot when you're stunning to begin with!) but it just gives her a different image.  With the short hair, I think she's going for "cute".  The long hair seems like she's going for "sexy". 
"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 12:13pm
I like it.

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 12:50pm

Not a fan of the cut on her (it works a bit better on others) and it's exacerbated by the color.  It would look at least a bit better brunette or something that finally matches her skin tone.

JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Not a fan of the cut on her (it works a bit better on others) and it's exacerbated by the color.  It would look at least a bit better brunette or something that finally matches her skin tone.

JF

Ah now Flea, you were doing so well until you included that last line.  Now you too have joined the ranks of those with well known and yes often repetitive opinions...welcome to the club!

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 2:58pm

I love blonde hair and short hair.  Mmmm...where did I come up with my handle "loveshort&blonde"?

In this case however, she should stay dark.  The cut is okay - seen her with shorter hair/longer hair and she looked great.  This style is not her best but I think the color is the real reason.

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

JF

Ah now Flea, you were doing so well until you included that last line.  Now you too have joined the ranks of those with well known and yes often repetitive opinions...welcome to the club!

Man, Hal, bitter much?   Yeah, I prefer brunettes, but in this case I'm basing it on the fact that Jessica's complexion just doesn't work well as a blonde.  Much like Charlize Theron looks terrible with black hair or Rose McGowan looks best as a redhead.

Hey, even loveshort&blonde agrees.

JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 3:57pm
Just teasing ya... I too think her natural brown would be far better than her present orange...lol
Camille83 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camille83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 10:03pm

I really don't think Jessica had extensions at all before but I really like her with long hair or short hair and I agree with Joey99 and cebnn that she looks cute with her new shorter hair cut

Camille

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic