7 [13.73%]
1 [1.96%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [3.92%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
KingJames23 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wave Grease
    Posted: March 23 2005 at 12:57pm

If there is any more grease/pomade that anyone know about that works it would be very nice to write it down so that means hopefully u will reply.

PEACE

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 1:08pm

Have you heard of Duke pomade?  A barber told me last night that his wave clients get good results with Duke.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 1:10pm
i heard of it but do you think it works
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Have you heard of Duke pomade?  A barber told me last night that his wave clients get good results with Duke.

i heard of it but did u ever use it and does it really works
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 1:45pm

A guy who works here - Michael - who currently has a bald fade on the sides and about 1/2" of top hair that is very slightly waved, said that he used the Duke when he had his full waves and he liked it.  He has very coarse hair though and said that while it worked good for him, it may be too greasy for people with fine, thin hair.  So that may be the diff.

He also likes Murray and uses Sportin Waves for coarse hair.  He has really really coarse hair.  In fact, he told me that if he uses a kit - even a strong one like Bantu - his hair will only stay relaxed for about 2-3 weeks. 

What do you currently use?

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 2:16pm
right now i use dax in the red can will that work
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 2:22pm
Is your hair fine or coarse?
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 2:25pm
my hair is coarse i have waves but they do not come in on my sides u only see them just a little bit what do u think i should do. and if u have aol tell me so we can just im each other
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 4:18pm

Hey KJ,

No AOL.  So sorry.

Can we Bmail instead?  If so, I will send you a BMail in a few w/some suggestions. 

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 4:20pm
ok fine with me
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 4:42pm

Hey KJ,

Hope you don't mind but I want to post here since others have asked the same q's.  I will still BMail though.

Since you have coarse hair, you may experience more challenges developing a completely 360 pattern.  That doesn't mean that you won't ever be able to get 360 BUT with the fact that your sides don't come in for good wavin...right now...means you can try the following options:

1.  Pick up a kit like maybe Duke Relaxer or similar.  Nothing killer like Bantu - that would be too much.  Anyway, get the Duke or similar and then apply to your side ONLY and leave the relaxer on for a lot less time than suggested.  The goal is to just soften the sides only.  And soften enough so that you can then use your brush to work a new pattern.

Again....you will leave the relaxer on for a very short time...just enough time to help soften up those resistant sides.

One other thing. Coarse hair is usually resistent to waving not only on the sides...but at the nape of the neck.  So if you are having that same problem there, you can also try the relaxer there. 

2.  Once you have the sides softened a little, brush, brush, brush and brush.  You may want to use a softer bristle than what you might use on your unrelaxed coarse hair.  Or you may be ok using the harder bristle.  Experiment.  Be careful not to get brush burn though since your newly relaxed side hair will be softer and the skin/scalp/lining will be tender.

Try to avoid washing your hair after you apply the relaxer for a day longer than normal to let the relaxer set better.

IF you do not want to try the kit...you can go with a traditional college cut with NO FADE on the sides with a little more length on top for your wave pattern and then brush, brush, brush to get a small wave pattern going on the sides.  Eventually you will see a pattern coimg in.

Keep in mind that coarse hair is usually much harder to develop 360 waves in than softer/finer hair.  But it can be done.

Hope that helps.  I will send you a Bmail as well.

Karen

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 4:55pm
thanks i will try it so the duke kit i will also purchase the duke grease
YoungMack View Drop Down

The Mack

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungMack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 1:31pm
nu nile and lusters 360
datkid25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datkid25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2005 at 9:36pm

spartans deep wave pomade works good Smile

2-LIVE-OR-DIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2-LIVE-OR-DIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 11:37am

WHICH WAVE GREASE IS DA BEST BECAUSE IM TRYIN TWO GET THEM WAVES HOW OFTEN WILL I APPLY IT N BRUSH

HOLLA BACK

SincereSole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SincereSole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 1:00am
iam starting with Dax (red can)
www.NikeTalk.com
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 4:12pm
thats good just to let you know that grease is hard to wash out but it has maxium hold
BigLaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigLaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 6:32pm

i like dax to but right now i'm using SCurl 360 and thats works well

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 12:19pm
thats good to hear
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic