Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to get rid of my perm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aprayingwife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aprayingwife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get rid of my perm
    Posted: March 23 2005 at 3:23pm
I had a perm put in 3 weeks ago and unfortunatly half of it took great the other half didn't. My hair is a little dry and is really curly on one side and more like a wave on the other.   I have above shoulder length hair now that it is permed and it is thick and was fine silky hair before my perm now looks corse.  I had color in my hair which was not a problem my problem is that I think I have gotten use to my hair being straight and I thought if I had it permed I could grow it out easier.  Now I don't think so.  I have heard if I wash my hair with pert or prell it will help the perm come out but I don't want my hair dried out.  What do I do.  I am willing to go shorter if need be.
Tammy
Saved By Grace
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 9:14pm
The only thing you can do is grow it out and cut it off.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 6:48am
Have you tried to give the perm a chance?  As eKatherine says, there's really nothing you can do to remove it now...if you tried to straighten it, it may damage it so bad...I wouldn't go that route. 

You say you're used to being a straight haired person, well being a curly haired person is a whole new ball of wax.  You really do have to do a lot of things differently.  I think it's odd that one half would be more curly than the other...was anything done differently to one half when it was being permed (more time with solution on it?).  If so, tray stretching the too curly side around something large (like very large rollers) to make it more wavy to match the other side.  If you think there was no difference in the processing, do you think it's maybe something you're doing?  Like going to bed with wet hair and sleeping only on the wavy side?

Some things curly haired people do to make their hair more manageable (now mine is straight, so this is what I've heard curlies say so if anyone wants to add anything with more experience, please do!): 
    Comb it with a wide toothed comb when it's still wet, and don't comb or brush it again after it's dry. 
    Air dry it. 
    Use a little jojoba oil in it (very little, it should not look or feel greasy, if it does then you used too much).  It helps add moisture to the hair, increase shine and reduce frizz.
Your shampoo and conditioner may also not be what's best for curly haired people.  I've heard several curlies say pantene and others heavy in silicones frizz their hair.  (You sound like you have a lot of damage at this point though, so cutting out the cones may not be the best solution for you...you'd just have to try and see).
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
blondee View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 3:02pm
How bad is the damage? I usto have permed hair (back in the day) and when I decided to straighten it, basically I did a reverse perm at home. I bought a perm OTC, put the solution in, combed through my hair for 10 minutes or so (can't quite remeber, it's been a awhile back) and Voila! My hair was straight. It was pretty damaged right after, but I got the ends trimmed and was diligent in conditioning my hair. (I deep conditioned at least once a week and sometimes slept with conditioner in my hair) don't know if the sleeping with it my hair helped, but between the trim and the conditioning my hair felt pretty good.

Anyway, hope you figure it out....Good Luck
blondee
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 4:22am

It may actually be possible to relax the perm but PLEASE, go to a stylist. DON'T try this at home, your hair may be frightfully damaged. It may even be damaged by relaxing at the stylist, but perhaps not (I suggest you consult with the stylist as to how safe it is for the hair etc).

Someone once posted a recipie here for making a mixture of kitchen ingredients that would undo a perm. Anyone have it? 

HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 6:10am

Hi there,

I don't have much to add but an option too is turning the advice of eKatherine around: cut first, then let it grow.  Whatever suits you best.

The PROFESSIONAL relaxing is best done after several weeks (6 or so) - then the hair had some time to 'renurture' itself (that's your part actually - by using rich conditioning, preferably without silicones).  Come to think of it - is it possible there was some residu of 2in1 products (or related) on your hair?  The silicones in them tend to make perming a lot more difficult ...  The other option (having used conditioning on one side only) is too far fetched to be true.  What might be a reason is that the perm didn't work long enough on one side (or product not well mixed with the bottom part less effective or ...).

Duke - to make a 'perm undo' from 'kitchen ingredients' seems very dangerous to me.  The perm is a perm because the sulfure bridges were opened and reclosed (while on roller).  Opening them again at home, trying to straighten it then, closing them and trying not to fry your hair with a possible inbalanced mixture at home ... Then I'd rather suggest your first (very sane and perfect) advice:  "do not try this at home".

Lots of strength Tammy!

oamelkit41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oamelkit41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2013 at 11:15am
replica diamond cartier santos, just like the original. Alternatively, he may be avoiding direct eye contact with you in a bid to hide his dishonesty. When traveling to Australia's Tropical North Queensland region, it is important to familiarize yourself with the different types of marine creatures,swiss replica watches,After her role as Ryan McBride on Baywatch Nights_4,replica rolex boxes, especially if you are planning to spend some time in the water. The harm they continue to do not only to the people that were wronged, but to the reputation of the American justice system is massive. Now I'm about 460 pounds, but at
replicawatches,as professional and fashionable that he is Is this legal,fake watches for sale, is there anything I can do? I single and alone and now have $5 to get me through to next pay day. Energy, then, is the byproduct of high performance fuel that will improve the quality of your life and make you healthier than you ever thought possible. Increasing the more fluid and dynamic omega-3 levels in the body and decreasing the more stiff and static saturated fats has many biological implications. Under these rules,As professional and fashionable that he is_1, if you wanted to
replica rolex watches swiss movement england,replica rolex, should be restrung before a potential loss or breakage occurs.". This is an indication of his health, whether he is not feeling well or there is something wrong. For instance, the elegant lipstick with the legend of famous stars may be with special meaning in their self-decoration plan. Semifinalists for the Maxwell and Bednarik Awards will be announced Oct. Elle contient notamment de la protéine, de la chondroïtine et du sulfate de glucosamine,And images will descend to the ground_3, des glucides complexes et une combinaison
cheap replica watches, eye for a goal to spearhead the attack with Holty. As you make your introductory session remarks,5 Exhibit 3_4, take off you . An example of a double negative construction is is not uncommon____. Boxers are many things: valorous and gallant and often more than a little bit nuts. In fashionable circles. The plants and fruits of the Amazon are exposed to a tremendous amount of water and sunlight. Personally, I like Pocket watches because they represent an amazing feat of our humanity's past. More expensive and elaborate
http://www.dibaq.com/fakewatches.html

mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2013 at 5:53am
Mix houseold flour with the perm solution and comb thru. then neutralize. This does work!
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic