Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Something Elegant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
queen of robots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queen of robots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Something Elegant
    Posted: March 27 2005 at 9:36pm

I have a formal ceremony on April 15th and I'm not sure what I want to do with my hair yet.  My dress is a cream color, and simple, yet elegant, and my hair is dark brown, straight, and to my waist.  I think I want it half-up-half-down, but I'm not sure how exactly.  I'm very open to ideas, so if you have any, please send 'em my way.  Thanks ahead of time; I really appreciate it.

the fool looks at the finger that points to the sky.
queen of robots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queen of robots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 5:44pm
Thanks for any thought anyone might have put into this, but I've figured out what I'm doing.  I'm thinking french-braiding it to about ear-level with two strands left in front, and curling the rest.  Anyway, thanks again!
the fool looks at the finger that points to the sky.
goddess_mels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess_mels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 10:47pm
That sounds very, very pretty. I was thinking you might pull the front back and put it in two very tight, smooth, tiny buns at the back/top of your head. That could look both funky and sophisticated. Either way, with such long hair, keeping some of it down does sound like the way to go. I'm sure you'll look lovely!
Mels
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 11:52pm
Long dark hair reminds me of 'A Room with a View'.  Her hair is sometimes hard to see because of the hats, but Helena Bonham Carter had some rather lovely hair styles in this film:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/carter.jsrpages/pics2/2hclrwav.j pg

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic