Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi
    Posted: March 31 2005 at 12:01pm

My name is Debbie and I love this site!  As most of you know!  This is so cool!  I love the idea of a friendship forum.

Debbie

There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 12:34pm

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for starting this thread.  After all, the forum was created especially for you because you are one of our favorite visitors here at HairBoutique.com.  :-)

Did you have a great Easter?  Did you do anything special?  Family dinner or Easter party?

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 2:50pm

I did absolutely nothing for Easter. Oh yeah, wait!!!!  I scratched all day!  I got into poison Ivy. (My husband was burning it).  I didn't want to give it to anyone- so I stayed home. 

But I can remember Easter dinners of yrs gone by.  Family get togethers. 

Did anyone else do anything special for Easter?
Debbie

P.S. Thank you for this forum. I know it wasn't really made for me but we can pretend! LOL!

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 3:30pm

Debbie...seriously...I created it for you.  Just as I created the Hair Extension forum Archives for Jenny_RR so that she could save her fabulous links and posts in one place about hair extensions.

AND I created the new Entertainment topic...under Men's Hair for BiggMike who works here at HB.com.  He happened to stop by my office right when I was reorganizing the forums and I said...hey...I am adding some new forums.  And he said...Ohhhhh is there any way we could have one on movies, music, cars & etc?  So now we do.  :-)

Within reason, when it makes sense, I do try to listen to people who request forums.  I know that you will come here and post and I know BiggMike will post on his new forum.  So that works.  What doesn't work is when people ask for new forums and never post there or visit.  Then we have a dead thread - which I hate to see.  :-)

By the way....you are the 3rd person I know that has gotten poisen ivy.  One of the HB.com employees - Jean - got it so bad that she had blisters all over her body.  I felt really bad for her.

What did you find that helps the most with the poisen ivy?  Jean said aloe vera gel helped her the most.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 6:58pm

I am very flattered!  (Blush)  I found that Calamine Lotion in a spray helped alot. Also someone online told me to use Vinegar. (Now that burned!  And bad!).  I also took Benadryl tablets and that helped dry it up.  I am not completely over it- but it is drying up!  I didnot have blisters but I had the rash and the itch!  I was miserable.  But I have had it worse. I got it in my eyes and everywhere---This was Yrs ago. I went to the hospital for a shot (they donot give shots now) and went home and I had a burning in my chest where I was allergic to whatever they gave me a shot with. We went back to the hospital for another shot to conteract the one that I had just gotten. So I am very lucky with it this time. Now, when my husband burns the rest of the weeds this next weekend--it gives me a time to leave and go shopping!   I hope she is over hers also. Nasty stuf!

Debbie

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:50pm

Oh my.  How horrible.  That is terrible to have to go back and forth to the hospital.  Someone in my family about 10 years ago had serious heart problems and I was taking him back and forth to the emergency room on a regular basis and thought I would lose my mind sitting there.  It is nothing like on the TV show - ER. 

So I totally understand about going back to the hospital 2x and you have my total empathy there. 

Jean is doing better but she was really miserable for several days and she tried all kinds of stuff.  I will mention the Calamine lotion to her tomorrow when I see her.  She was moving around a lot better today.

Thanks for the tips.

Karen

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 4:20pm
Hi Debbie - Hope your symptoms subside soon.  That durn stuff can take many forms... I've had a mishap with vines, years ago.  Has your husband learned how to identify it, so that he refrains from burning it in the future?
crystalgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 4:32pm
Hi Debbie I am kind of new at all of this but like you love this site

Edited by crystalgirl
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 6:52pm

Hi All!  Dave, no he has not a clue what to even look for!  The bad thing is with any kind- Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, and Poison sumac---I can get it just from it being burned in the air. The sadder part is I didnot  know that it was out this early.  He did say that the next time he burned it I could leave for the day. So, that means a free day of shopping!!!!!  YAYE!!!!!  (LOL).  But it is dried up now, except for the occasional itch.  But thanks for the well wishes.  Now we all know that it is out in March.  We are suppose to learn something new ever day -  but that was a hard lesson to learn.  Like I said before I am just so glad that I was smart enough to avoid my eyes with it! 

Chrystalgirl-- isn't this fun!  And now we can talk about anything on here ---as long as it is clean! 

Thanks again Karen!  I was out all day and away from the computer.  Can you imagine that! LOL!

Debbie

I edited it because I said yr instead of air.  (these darn bifocals!)

Edited by Debbie
VeeDubGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 11:39pm
Greetings Debbie, Chrystalgirl, Dave, and Karen. I'm just making my first appearance on the thread...
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2005 at 2:27pm

Hi Veedubgirl.  You mentioned on another thread that you got your name becasue you own a volswagon beetle?  I had one back in 1978. Right after I got married. I loved that car!  And with the way that gas prices are it would be so cheap on gas!  $10.00 would last all week. 

Spring has sprung here!!!!  It is in the 70's!  I have got windows opened! 

Debbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2005 at 5:04pm
Spring is almost here, (still some snow on the ground here in Maine!) But, wow, 70's must be nice, I thought it was nice at 45F here today
crystalgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 3:57am
Wow spring has arrived. I live in minnesota where its always cold or snow. Hmmmm now its time to get that tan and a new hair do. Better figure out the trends first. Hey you all its awesome to talk to such nice people I love friendships and lots of laughs so keep me in touch. as always crystal

Edited by crystalgirl
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 7:19pm
Hey crystalgirl,

Lotsa luck figuring out the latest "trend."  Many are growing long these days.  (though if you prefer short, that may be where you want to grow, er, go).   I used to live in Mini-soda...  fnd childhood memories but not eager to re-live those winters (brrr!)

Hey Veedubgirl!  45 degrees?  Warm?  uh... your blood must be thinner than mine.  I need the warm weather to keep going (fantastic weather these days in Florida).  Soon I'll be wanting to escape to the north for some "cooler" weather... but I won't be going, save for maybe a short vacation.

Debbie - did you enjoy your shopping spree?     I remember those 70s beetles.  Several of my friends had them.  Those were the days (sigh)
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 8:03pm
Yes, Dave I enjoyed it.  Those beetles "bugs" were great!  How I miss mine!  Debbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Debbie Debbie wrote:

Yes, Dave I enjoyed it.  Those beetles "bugs" were great!  How I miss mine!  Debbie

The New Beetles are lots of fun too! Mine is a 2003, it's has a turbo engine so that makes it even higher on the fun scale I used to have a 2000 Beetle, but I totaled it in an accident (not my fault though) another girl crossed over into my lane and I got in a head on collision. We were both going about 40-45 m.p.h. It was very scary. I was lucky though, I wasn't hurt at all, just a little bruising where the seatbelt held me tight and a tiny mark on my nose where the airbag hit me. The other girl wasn't so lucky and got seriously injured. The cops said that Beetle saved my life, so that's why I got another one! They're pretty wonderful

And yaayyyy, it's like 60F here today! I can open the sunroof Finally it's warming up!
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 9:55am
Are the motors still in the back? 
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 12:00pm

Hi Deb,

Not to age myself but I had one of those 914 Porsche square convertibles and everyone constantly harrassed me about the fact that is was "a Volkswagon" hidden in the body of a Porsche.  I doubt it because I had so many maintenance nightmares.  Of course it didn't help that it got into a head on collision accident parked in front of my house at 3:00 am.  No, I wasn't in the car at the time and was sleeping in my bed when I was awakened by a horrendous crash.  My poor little Porsche was completely totalled.  I guess sometimes things do happen for a reason because it probably saved me from years of maintenance bills.  But I was sad when they towed if off, scrunched up like an accordion.  :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Debbie Debbie wrote:

Are the motors still in the back? 

LoL, no...They are in the front. It's really not the same car at all...The other question I commonly get is, "Does it have heat? The old ones didn't really have heat." The answer to this is Yes, and it also has heated leather seats
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 1:57pm
Karen I am glad that you were not in the car!!!!!  The other ones was heated by the motor.  Something to do with the motor. Note to myself: ask Danny (he is my husband and a mechanic)!  When I first met my soon to be husband they were a family of VW.  So, I know all too well about all the maintence. I blew 2 motors up in ours!  I am gonna have to go to the VW site and check out the new ones!  They were so cheap on gas! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic