Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 2:09pm

Hi Debbie,

I thought Paige on Charmed always looked so cute driving around in her little VW.  And yes...I am also glad that I was not in the car at the time it got hit.  :-)

I just adore small cars.  After my 914 got creamed I saved and saved and bought one of the RX7s that I still have in my garage (not running but in good shape at 100,000+ miles).  Then I bought a 2nd RX7 which was one of the convertible models (only 4 years) and I still have that one as well (not running either but it is a convertible model).  I tend to save cars like old handbags.  Hee hee.

I never liked the Miatas though.  They were toooo small for me.  Cute but too small. 

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 5:38pm
It is funny--my husband is a mechanic and I know nothing about cars!  LOL!  I am always asking him "what do I drive again?"  He just looks at me like I am a crazy person!  Hey somewhere down the road those cars could be worth something (if they are already not ).  I drive a big red thing that is in our driveway. It is a Jimmy?  With the way gas prices are I would prefer a small car!  $2.14 a gallon!  Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 6:43pm

Hi Debbie,

What is a Jimmy?  I apologize for not knowing but would love to know more.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 7:20pm

A short name for James! LOL! LOL!  Joking!  It is just like a blazer.  My blazer caught fire and burned about 2 yrs ago.  (We were on our way to a funeral up by Chicago).  It was 4 doors.  So I wanted something at the time just as roomy and settled for a Jimmy. I still call it a blazer 1/2 of the time though!  It is only 2 doors and not as roomy!  I wanted another blazer but I was in such a hurry to find a vehicle and settled for this one.  I hope that explains it. I am not too smart wne it comes to cars myself!  All I know is that it is suppose to start when you put the key in the ignition and turn it.   Debbie

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 7:40pm

Ahhhhhh....I got yah.  You are too funny.

I have never been good at driving bigger cars.  Although now I don't drive much at all.  No one will let me.  It seems that when I drive I am a road hazard.  I tend to be on at least 2 cellphones at the same time and trying to type on my Blackberry while trying to drive and then of course I am preoccupied thinking about several things I need to do at work and looking at all the hair accessories that everyone is wearing while getting inspiration for new hair articles for HB.com.  So the HB "guys" usually make me ride back & forth to the office with them.  But hey, that works, while they are driving I can talk on the cell phones, type into my Blackberry, read the magazines I read every month and drink coffee.  Hee hee.  They focus on driving and stick me in the back seat where I don't distract them.  So it works.

I do have a car that runs..and of course it is a small convertible....besides the 2 RX7s in the driveway.  But usually I get a ride.  So I am totally spoiled now but it saves the other drivers on the road here.  :-)

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 9:12am

That is so nice that the people at HB  take such good care of you!  A blackberry is now a computer?  I MUST get out more!!!!! 

One time I had a check up and a friend of mine went with me. Now we was on our way back and I had on one of my wigs.I had slipped it off because it was hot that day and I was sweating!  I had dropped it in the floor and had reached down to pick it up and when I did I swerved straight for some mailboxes.  (yes off the road!)  My friend let out a funny sigh and I looked up to swerve back on the road!  She was so patient with me!!!!!   So, you are not the only one that is dangerous!  The DMV would throw me a party if I was to ever give up driving! LOL!

How long is your hair and what do you do with it when you are driving!   I used to take my hair off and lay it in the seat!!!!!!!  LOL!

Debbie 

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 9:00am

This is poison ivy.  See how it has 3 leaves, and you see a notch or tooth on some of the leaf edges about halfway down?  That notch is a big helper in identifying poison ivy.  This image comes from:  http://poisonivy.aesir.com  (but that site is kind of tricky because they have SO many pictures, the more you look at the more everything starts to look like poison ivy!).  The leaves can be any size, from dime sized when the plant first comes out in the spring, to bigger than your hand.  I hope this helps you to avoid it in the future...every time you get poison ivy you have a worse reaction than the last time and you really don't want it in your lungs!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 4:23pm
Thanks Susan!  I don't want it anywhere at all.  The itching will drive you crazy.  I donot want it like I had it yrs ago though either!  Debbie
angeleyeslady View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angeleyeslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 11:33am

sounds painful!!!

AngelEyes supports SIGHTSAVERS CHARITY
KingJames23 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 4:28pm
hi debbie this site loves you 2
B.M.F PIMPIN WE NOT A SQUAD WE A MOVEMENT.
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 4:29pm
i love this site 2 it has really help me out with my hair
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 4:30pm
shoutouts to karen shelton you have done a great job doing what you do
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 8:20am

I just seen your post Kingjames.  Yes, they do a super job here at the hairtalk boards!  I feel I am among friends!  Why anyone would want to ruin the fun for anyone is beyond me! 

I also love going to the "waves" section and reading all you guys post!  There is always something new there and youguys really do have each others back!  I like that!

Have a good one everyone!  Debbie

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 2:10pm

Hi KingJames,

A holla back at ya.  Thanks for hanging here at HT with all of us.

Karen

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 1:06am

Hi Karen, Good to see you around  Drop in at the LH (edit: LHS) board with us sometime!

Anais

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
baller5000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baller5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 5:40pm
right

chillin22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chillin22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 4:43pm
lol
the wave game is a game of stategies, methods, and experience to become a champion!
churchgirl16 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churchgirl16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:50pm
hi im a new person adn i wuz skimming the previous posts my uncle has a jimmy he uses it for hunting adn t ome they look like ford broncos but higher upp off teh ground ??????????? well bye
see yall buhbye:)
huai0592 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huai0592 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2011 at 4:06am
It's my first time to come here.
Haha,Nice to meet everybody.
fireguy0062 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireguy0062 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2011 at 4:36pm
Hi all...been around this site for awhile now...but never posted anything.
I'd love to chat with some on here from time to time.
Let me know your interests...
Thanks
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic