Topic ClosedAnn Curry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 11:54am

[/QUOTE]
Gee Hal, how often do I have to profess that I am judicious in my actions before you believe me?  And at that, I will say thank you for being civil.  (do you feel better now?)

I don't understand why you believe that my attitude is condescending.  I was trying to understand Kuroneko's perspective.  With her as the teacher and me as the student.

My "seeming" desire for all women to have long hair is not stated and also not true.  Don't put words in my mouth.

And hey, the hair industry generally does "hate" long hair (and I'm talking about past mid-back or waist-length) if the hair is natural -- but if it's extensions the client craves, the industry is generally more supportive of that (expensive) option.

BTW, to whom did I condescend?
[/QUOTE]

Maybe I just don't see you as judicious as you see yourself. 

I used the word seeming and covered it with quotation marks to clue you in that I was expressing my opinion about your opinion, not stating a fact.  Sorry if one went over your head.  I would never put words into your mouth.  However, it appears you have done just that to the beauty industry.  Do you have an article published by a beauty industry representative stating they as an industry they hate long hair?  Or would that just be your opinion?

Now Dave if you can tell me you are clueless, don't understand and need to be taught what Kuroneko was referring to, rather than just plain ole disagree.  I'll concede you no condescension on your part, however if you can't claim clueless ness, admit condescension.  Fair enough?

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 6:15pm
Please enlighten me on how you feel that I am not as judicious as I should be.

And, I've said before, right in this forum (Celeb), that I do not understand the notion of long hair "dragging" (or "stretching" as Kuroneko put it) the face.  How many times must I say this before you believe me?  I am not to blame for your perception of my earnest question as condescending.  Why are you so paranoid?

Lastly... of course I was expressing my opinion; however, that opinion has a more than fair basis.  I was not aware that every opinion stated on this board had to be prefaced with "it is my opinion that..."  If I'm not mistaken, most everything written on this board is opinion.  We're talking about famous people here.  Who here counts any of the mentioned celebrities among their friends?
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 7:12am

My brother in law is a school teacher in a very troubled district.  One day the police came into his room and arrested one of his students, of course the conversation quickly turned to why he was arrested.  Seems the student had been walking through a local Walmart parking lot when he saw a purse on the front seat of an unlocked car.  In that purse, he clearly saw a bank envelope with a large amount of cash in it.  He opened the door and took the cash.  In the ensuing conversation my bother in law found out 23 of his 26 students believed it was the woman's fault for leaving the cash in the car and no crime had been committed, even after the student later admitted he was in that parking lot looking for unlocked cars.  If you believe you treat short hair fans the same as you do long hair fans, I have as much chance of enlightening you, as my brother in law has to change the morals of his students. 

I believe you know exactly how you treat short hair fans but are too prideful to admit it, just as I think you are fully aware of the illusion that started this debate but too stubborn to admit you understand the statement but fully disagree with it.

I do not feel each opinion needs to be prefaced as such but you seem more sensitive than others to having words put into your mouth so I felt I should do it for you.  By applying the same standard for word insertion to you that you did for me, seems you failed.  Oh Oh, it just dawned on me.  I'm sorry for being so slow but I just got it.  Your opinion of an industries opinion is just that, an opinion but my opinion of your opinion is word insertion.  Sorry my bad!  Using that logic, you are indeed judicious.

I believe you know exactly how you treat short hair fans but are too prideful to admit it, just as I think you are fully aware of the illusion that started this debate but too stubborn to admit you understand the statement but fully disagree.

I think its time to agree to disagree, I'm sure you must (not putting word in your mouth) be as bored as I with this, shall we take it to board mail?

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 5:19pm
Well Hal, I'd prefer to take this disagreement private too.  On that, we agree.  On everything else you've stated, not so much.

I will lock this topic to spare anybody else having to read the off-topic discussion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic