Topic ClosedAnn Curry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ann Curry
    Posted: April 01 2005 at 12:46am

It's time for Ann to give up thoughts about cutting her hair. She's gorgeous! Please Ann, reconsider.

http://www.gogomag.com/cgi-bin/tvheads_viewer.pl?tvheads2857 0&28570&Ann

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 5:54am
Looks good!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 6:59am
When did she say she was thinking to cutting her hair?
S_Miller View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 7:01am
I was noticing how long her hiar is getting.  She seems to be doing a better job (or the shows hair stylist) keeping it looking  nice thrughout the whole show.  I do perfer when she pullsit back or behind the ear.
Stephanie
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 8:44am
Wow Yep Hope she don't
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 6:22am

Originally posted by S_Miller S_Miller wrote:

I was noticing how long her hiar is getting.  She seems to be doing a better job (or the shows hair stylist) keeping it looking  nice thrughout the whole show.  I do perfer when she pullsit back or behind the ear.
I think that's the first time I've read here that anyone prefers the "behind the ear tuck." I honestly haven't seen any woman with any substantial length look better with hair tucked behind the ear. Pretty much every female news anchor tries it, some because her hair is in the way. I can't stand it.

And Hal, certainly you've seen other reports on here about Ann growing her hair long and planning to cut it and donate it to Locks of Love. I think someone read it in People Magazine. I sure hope she reconsiders.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 3:55am
*shakes head*  The longer it gets, the less I understand what people see in it.  Her face just looks so stretched out with all that hair around it :-( .
More awesome than a manatee!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

*shakes head*  The longer it gets, the less I understand what people see in it.  Her face just looks so stretched out with all that hair around it :-( .

Kuroneko... my eyes are immune to the apparent optical illusion by which you are tricked.  Her face looks good; her long hair helps frame it well.  In the picture (linked) her entire face is visible - not a bit of it is hidden by hair (Of course, the odd facial expression caught her in the middle of speaking).

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 2:32am

I know, I have very different perceptions and opinions on most things than others :-P .  Her face just looks long and horsey to me.  Maybe I just prefer wider or rounder faces, but her face looks very long and stretched to me.  I don't remember it looking that way before, so I'd have to guess it's the hair making it look that way. . . or maybe I'm just willing to overlook imperfections more if someone's got hair I like. . .

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 6:47am

Kuroneko!!! BONK..... WRONG ANSWER!!!!!!  Be very careful, tread very lightly, you are showing signs that you too have fallen victim to that vast right wing hair conspiracy.  How you could allow yourself to be fooled by an illusion or worse a perception and and and (trembling fingers) god forbid have an opinion of your own!

Private message to Kuroneko - I think you should quickly say something nice about Anne Currys long hair or better yet say how much you miss Alanis Morissette stringy... I mean long hair.  Otherwise I think you are risking the wrath of one of this boards aministrators.

arch94 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 7:06am

Lol Hal.

Careful...you might get blacklisted.

We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
S_Miller View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 7:11am
I love her hair this morning.  Slight side part.  Very attractive, if it stays this way throught out the whole show.
Stephanie
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Kuroneko!!! BONK..... WRONG ANSWER!!!!!!  Be very careful, tread very lightly, you are showing signs that you too have fallen victim to that vast right wing hair conspiracy.  How you could allow yourself to be fooled by an illusion or worse a perception and and and (trembling fingers) god forbid have an opinion of your own!

Private message to Kuroneko - I think you should quickly say something nice about Anne Currys long hair or better yet say how much you miss Alanis Morissette stringy... I mean long hair.  Otherwise I think you are risking the wrath of one of this boards aministrators.

Gee Hal, I don't get it.  She has an opinion.  I have one too.  They differ.  So what?  I see no such "stretched-out face" appearance.  To my eyes, her face shape seems the same no matter what her hair length is or has been.  I see the reality of her face shape for what it is, no matter her hair length.  Does that mean that my perception is flawed?

I think you should worry less about Kuroneko than about S_Miller's apparent defection. 
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 7:59pm

It is your condescending attitude I知 poking fun at not your opinion. I知 well aware of and frankly as boarded with your seeming desire for all woman to have long hair, as I知 sure you are with my opinion that most should not.  Such is life.  What does bother is your position on this board and your use of it to squelch opinions that differ from yours. I feel quite sure had Kuroneko opinion been that Anne痴 long hair made her face look outstanding you would have made no comment about her being tricked by an illusion propagated via a long hair hating beauty industry.  Do you?

My buddy S Miller has a wide range of opinions on a wide reange of things.  Her moving from her general preference does not bother me.

hey board buddies... if you don't see me around any more... I've martered myself for you...lol

94harley View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 9:14pm
Hey Hal, don't do that we always (or at least I do ) appriciate your opinion. We all have one. Me I really likeASnn's long hair and hope she grows it really long before her and her daughter do their donation thing, if they do!! hOPEFULLY THEY WON'T.. tALK TO YOU ALL LATER. pAUL
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 11:01pm

Hey, has anybody seen Hal lately? He used to be around her all the time.

Meanwhile, Ann from today's Today:

http://www.gogomag.com/cgi-bin/tvheads_viewer.pl?tvheads2887 2&28872&Ann

She looks even better when compared to the flag or Iraq.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 2:57am

Well, actually, I have been chased off a few boards for having opinions :-P .  Sometimes I'm surprised that hasn't happened here. . . *shrugs* but if it hasn't so far, I think I'm pretty safe :-) .

I spend a lot of time explaining or defending my unique opinions and perceptions, so it didn't bother me to have to do so again there.  A lot of the traits the general public considers ideal, I don't care so much for.  I think I like a more cute or quirky kind of beauty :-) .

HD_EU View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 4:02am

Well, I'm glad this thread got a bit sidetracked.  Thanks Hal

Otherwise it would just be a copy of the Couric thread: will she?  I hope so! I hope not! and on and on and on ...

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 5:30am
Very true.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 7:00pm

It is your condescending attitude I知 poking fun at not your opinion. I知 well aware of and frankly as boarded with your seeming desire for all woman to have long hair, as I知 sure you are with my opinion that most should not.  Such is life.  What does bother is your position on this board and your use of it to squelch opinions that differ from yours. I feel quite sure had Kuroneko opinion been that Anne痴 long hair made her face look outstanding you would have made no comment about her being tricked by an illusion propagated via a long hair hating beauty industry.  Do you?

My buddy S Miller has a wide range of opinions on a wide reange of things.  Her moving from her general preference does not bother me.

hey board buddies... if you don't see me around any more... I've martered myself for you...lol

Gee Hal, how often do I have to profess that I am judicious in my actions before you believe me?  And at that, I will say thank you for being civil.  (do you feel better now?)

I don't understand why you believe that my attitude is condescending.  I was trying to understand Kuroneko's perspective.  With her as the teacher and me as the student.

My "seeming" desire for all women to have long hair is not stated and also not true.  Don't put words in my mouth.

And hey, the hair industry generally does "hate" long hair (and I'm talking about past mid-back or waist-length) if the hair is natural -- but if it's extensions the client craves, the industry is generally more supportive of that (expensive) option.

BTW, to whom did I condescend?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic