Topic ClosedSherrie’s "Sandwiching" Bonded Wefts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sherrie’s "Sandwiching" Bonded Wefts
    Posted: April 01 2005 at 4:01am
Please note: I'm creating this thread for archiving purposes only.

Sherrie's Technique:
"When I do weft bonding with Liquid Gold I brush the glue on the weft and the parting area. I let it set for a few seconds to get a little tacky then apply. I keep holding and pressing especially the ends until they stick, then run my fingers back and forth over the bonded area pressing the hair into the glue really well. Then I use my blowdryer for about 10 seconds to cure the bond.

This is a technique I use to sandwich the weft and it creates a strong LONG lasting bond. I learned this from chrissyv. but should work with any type of bonding glue.

1. After I glue my row of weft to the parted area I pull a small piece of natural hair from right next to each edge (left and right sides) about an 1/8 or 1/4 strand and glue that over the side edges of weft. Just a small dab of glue and press the piece of hair into the glue. (Note: this is important because the first place that wefts will start to peel off is right at the edges. -Rae)

2. Then I pull down (from the hair that is clipped up) a very fine layer (I mean thin enough that you can see the track through it) of natural hair and glue that over the top of the wefted row that you've just bonded. And you only need a little glue for this second layer.
(I put the glue on the top of the bonded track then I use a small metal crochet hook to press the hair into the glue so you dont get your fingers all gooey. I only work with about 2 inch wide sections on this second layer so the glue doesnt set before you get the row completed.)

3. Use your blowdryer again to cure the bond area.

So what youve just done is "sandwich" the weft between layers of your natural hair. It seals in all edges of the weft and makes it really strong. And it makes the weft less detectable too."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic