Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does Anyone Here Sew?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
angeleyeslady View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angeleyeslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does Anyone Here Sew?
    Posted: April 20 2005 at 9:27am

Hello,

Sergers are very expensive in the UK but when I went to the USA some years ago visiting friends in Orlando I saw that sewing machines, material, thread and stuff was a lot lot cheaper than in England.  I found my suitcase weighed a ton when I was coming home because I'd bought so much material!!!

Hope you get your Serger!!!!!

Love

AngelEyes supports SIGHTSAVERS CHARITY
luckystar View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckystar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2005 at 8:16am

Hi, my sister and me have just got a new sewing machine.  It was in the sale and only cost £80 and it should have been £160, because its got lots of dials on it for different stitches and stuff.

I am going to start making clothes for myself, because going out and getting the material and pattern is good fun.

I need some new clothes because I've just had extensions put in by David a friend of mine, and they look great, and I am very happy with them.

speak to you soon........bye........

hello from lucky star - have a nice day!!!
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 9:32am

Hi!  Singer is a real good brand!  Mom said it was an excellent price also!  Do you sew a lot or a little?  That would be fun to make stuf for your house or like Kureneko said to make costumes.  Have fun!

Debbie

There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 4:11am
I wanna learn to sew, because I wanna cosplay more (especially if I manage to lose weight), and have had bad experience with asking people here to help with costumes -_-; .  If I knew how to make my own, I'm sure I'd have more (and better-made) ones to play in!
More awesome than a manatee!
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 5:16am

Hi Strawberryfine!  I donot sew. I made a dress when I was a Freshman in High school and it fell apart while I was wearing it! But my mom does.  I will ask her and get back to ya as soon as possible!  Sorry I cold not be of any help.  Do you sew alot?

Debbie

There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 4:06am

Hi,

I'm usually on the long hair support board and I hope I am on the correct board to ask this question.

Does anyone here sew and use a serger?

I'm looking for recommendations for buying my first serger.  I can't really afford a super expensive one right now, but recommendations of sergers in any price range would really help me out!

I've looked at a Singer serger at Wal-Mart for under $200.  It has differential feed, 4 thread capacity, rolled hem and that is all I can remember right now.

If anyone can tell me if this would be a bad or good one to buy, or suggest other brands/models you like, it would be very much appreciated!!!

TIA,

strawberryfine

strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic