Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

****Multiple technique training******

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ****Multiple technique training******
    Posted: April 02 2005 at 11:15pm

I will be taking this course in 2 weeks!!!!  YEAH    http://www.newmilleniumtour.com/id11.html 

I wanted to let anyone in the Ohio,Kentuky,Indiana, or anyone else for that matter to take a look! Marcella is a great lady. She is offering 4 techniques for $400! The techniques she's offering are: Fusion, Malaysian, Undetectable strands(which I'm stoked to use in the crown and hairline) and Links.

Gina

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 12:48am

Do you know what the undetectable strand technique is? Is it really a strand method or is it a wefted method?

The malaysian is probably similar to what   Lisha Coleman demonstrates on her  'Malaysian' method tape.

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 1:55am
Yup...I think Malaysian is Malaysian. I've never seen her tapes. What do you think of that technique? I'm not completely certain what the undtect. is.Yes, it's strand by strand and I know it takes 2 days to install a full head...that's how Marcella explained it. She didn't say what was used(ie glues,etc.) but that it's time consuming, the hairs are finely blended, and virtually undetected. Where I think this would be most efficient would be in the crown and hairline, probably nape, too. I thought this was a good starting point for training. This class will virtually pay for itself in one install!

Edited by Gina E
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 4:36am
The undetectable-strands one sounds like an integration method; that is, a net of hair placed at the scalp, the client's hair pulled through the gaps, and extension hair attached to the base of the net.

-Rae
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 5:59am
Congratulations, Gina! That sounds awesome.

AFAIK, Malaysian is like pole weaving but with a few variations (SAS has used it for sure, though). I'm fairly sure that "undetectable strands" is actually microillusions, and not the integration method that Rae's describing, but I'm not completely certain about that either.

:)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 9:25am
That sounds awesome Gina. And 400 bucks is a great deal, I wish I had a license, Id take the class too! Someday I will go to school and get a license.....probably in about 3 years when my daughter is off to college I may have time!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 1:42pm

I saw the tape on the Malaysian method, it looked good, but I never tried it on anyone. 

I want to learn the undectable stands if it is the same as the microillusions, however, I don't know many clients who would sit for 2 days to get their hair done, and then what would you charge them for 2 days of your time!

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 4:35pm
What is the Malaysian method?  & what is the microillusion method? 
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 4:42pm
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 5:36pm
I thought Microillusions was the same thing, another net-on-the-scalp type of method? At least, that's what I could divine from their jargon-tastic sales material. I read the threads you posted, Jenny, but there didn't really seem to be any conclusion as to what microillusions are. Has anyone heard anything more since then?

-Rae
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 5:44pm
Yeah, I'm still a little confused on exactly what microillusions are, but they're definitely a strand-by-strand deal (a micro-micro strand-by-stand deal, hence the 2- to 3- day installation) wherein a few real strands are woven into a few extensions strands with some sort of thread. There's no net base involved, though, like there is with hair integration and hair blending, which don't take nearly as long to install. All of these cost a fortune, many thousands, by the way. SAS might know what this is and be able to explain it better.

One of the members here, Afropuffs, had actually been planning to get the microillusions and knew a lot about the process. In the end, I don't think she got it, and unfortunately I haven't seen her here for awhile.

There might be some more specific info on BHM, though.

:)
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 5:55pm

Well...I guess we're all about to find out!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree Mg...I couldn't imagine finding a client who could devote 2 days on extensions. Then, the cost of labor would be insane! I do think it would be perfect for nape/crown/visible areas! Who knows...a client may fall in love with the undetectable vs. keratin or tubes...and be willing to pay well for the service! Hmmmmmm...........................

Yeah rae...My theory is no one could definitivly agree upon or explain the endetect.

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 6:00pm
Here are a few links from BHM that might be helpful:
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10803
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10316
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10344

Here's a photo of what the strand should look like when it's done:

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 7:11pm

Thanks for those links!!!!!!!!

I'll find out soon enough!

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2005 at 12:23am
Oh, hair blending; that was the technique I was thinking of, not microillusions. 'Scuse me, I got the ol' memory wires crossed.

-Rae
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic