Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"DIY"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nickanick003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickanick003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "DIY"
    Posted: April 08 2005 at 4:10pm

Very excited!!! I'm purchasing the extentube kit from haircandy and going with the DIY method for my first time (o boy) Just out of curiosity how many of you here DIY, and have any good stories from your  "DIY first time" *Thanks ladies* sooo. excited.....

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 5:04pm
other than putting the extendtubes in a little to tight which made for some itchiness the first week, my first run went smashingly.  I wasn't adding length and the time though and blending in length is as hard or harder than the actual application IMO.

But on my second run I did add length and it wasn't a big problem
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 6:29pm
That makes me feel better.I'm getting ready to try shrinkies for the first time.I'm just scared I'm going to mess up and look patchy,lol
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 10:48pm

Hey nickanick, good to hear we've recruted a new DIY'er!

I'm getting a new page up right now that shows how I go about placeing my individual pieces in rows so check that out for some tips when you're getting ready to install. As always, if you need any help just shoot me an e-mail and I'd be glad to give you some advice.

Edited by CaliforniaKristin
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Longhairdreams Longhairdreams wrote:

I'm just scared I'm going to mess up and look patchy,lol

Aww...you'll be fine--an expert in no time. To avoid a "patchy" look, just be sure to install enough hair, and don't leave much space between the connections and the rows.

Good luck! :)
Rapunzelwannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapunzelwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 6:03am
You know, I like to consider my hair a constant work in progress.  That way, I never get a bad result, just a temorarily bad "phase" that I can work through. 

It seems to take some tweaking to get the look just right, so don't dismay if it doesn't look like your dream hair right away.  You'll get there!

Frankly, the low ponytail/french roll combo has been my mainstay for my work in progress.  I'm always starting these projects at 2 am and never getting all the way done before work the next day.  So the tail/roll does a pretty decent job of hiding the lack of a good hair cut or partial or patchy applications. 

To encourage you--I've found that I've improved about 1000% with each install, and so this one (shrinkie number four) should be just about perfect... 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic