Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHEY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HEY
    Posted: April 12 2005 at 6:58pm
I didn't know what topic to post but I decided to just say hey.

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
niki27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niki27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 6:46pm
Hey Jasmine2g3, im new here but I saw this topic and just wanted to ask a question.  Am I the only one that's sick and tired of all these "rappers" making these videos with all these half naked girls in them???  All these videos look the same to me now.  Either there in a club at the beach or in a hotel I mean COME ON can someone be ORIGINAL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
niki
Jesuschrist#1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesuschrist#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 9:27pm
Hey Niki! I totally agree with u 100% I'm 15 yrs. old, and most of my peers seem to enjoy these types of videos. But I cannot stand these so-called "artists" who believe that their videos are part of their creative artwork. Now how can defamation of women be art? That's just plain ridiculous. I'm glad that u agree! Much luv, peace, and may God bless u!
masonbetha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonbetha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 6:30pm
Hey Jasmine welcome to the Hip Hop board girl wasup Im the mod 

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 5:27pm

I've listen hiphop/rap all most of my life. And I have to say it has not always been like this (Naked Girls). I like to look at "eye candy" just as much as the next man, but the women are right. Rap is getting to be the same old thing.

First, we had the OG's of rap(Early rap game), Kurtis Blow, Cool Mo Dee, RunDMC, ...ect. They rap about the hiphop and break dancing curlture and the struggles to make it (Political/party music).

2nd, we had Gansta: NWA, BWA, GB's, Ice Cube, MOB, Biggie Smalls, Tupak (I still love this man), Dog Pound....ect.  Talking about everything from killing to goin to jail to hustling to pimping to crying to spirituality of life. We all been a gansta one piont in time.

3rd, we got booty music, 2live crew, 69 boys and 95 south, DJ Magic MIke (Bass music), DJ Jimmie, Baton Rouge sound and drop it like it's hot, which was all cool. I like to party too. I'm from Texas so you know we got Boppers and Droppers, big thighs and big butts down here. We got six country females to each brother.

4th, Bling Bling (late 90's), bragging about how much they got after a record deal. That was cool for a short time. America was doing good so Black folks was doing pretty good when Pres. Clinton was in office. Black men were really doing well. We had money, enough to brag a little. (Should have been taking care of business then  )

We got GWB, the "Village Idiot" going around the world making all the other countries hate America. We got a large influx of illegal aliens with fake I.D's under bidding everybody for low wages on jobs. Now the entire African American community is falling apart because very few industries will hire black men but they will hire black women and illegal immigrants. We struggle to get work because of discrimination and being over mothered or under mothered and then we have our women who don't respect us unless we got a pocket full of money. We got so called "heterosexual African Queens" hating on black men like they have an ever lasting source of men. There is 5 black women to each male. And hiphop still talking about blingbling, naked women, cars, and a bunch other foolishness! Brothers, have we lost our minds too! It's too much man, too much!

Edited by BIGGMike
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 5:28pm

I love all of the stages that rap has gone through.  My life has almost mirrowed those stages.

But now WOMEN are hating on men now. They want to destroy everything we have worked hard for including the traditional family. They say we gay, DL, dead beats, sorry and a list of other things. But whatever they call us, we are never right about anything we do or say.

It's time for rap music to express what's going on right now in 2005. Because women all over the US are hating on men. They act like the world revolves around them. They don't want men to have anything. If a man does have anything they trying to take it or run con games.

So I think it's time to stop idealizing pretty women and start talking about what's really going on. There is far too much discrimination against the Black males. And too much male bashing from the same people who did not teach us as young boys.

They say "I don't need a man. I can raise my own children by myself. I'm an independent woman."

Got children and "WANT" to raise them alone. We have far too many Single Mothers in our race to be bragging about it. Talking aboout it's a badge of honor to be a Babies Moma", give me a break! Your children are fatherless and the boys aren't being taught what they need to know to be a successful man. And you wonder why boys stop listening to mama in their teens. I know why! The boys start seeing that the rules of life are different for them than it is for there sisters. Their sisters have a role model that spends more time with them than they do with the boys.  Where does that leave boys. Rap music and their peers. But it's all our (men) fault right!

Edited by BIGGMike
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 5:57pm

You are an independent woman remember? You don't need man remember?

Tell that to you son's when they in prison cause you too independent to deal with a man.

Rap only refects what YOU (women) did not teach your son's. Men have been cut out of the picture. So deal with it.

Maybe one day we will all wke up. Cause I know I been degraded by and used by women who act and look just like the women in rap videos.

So ask yourself, are the rap videos REAL or are they fake. Ask most men and they will tell you the are Quite REAL. We (men) are sorrounded by gold diggin prostitues and childsupport queens. So we show it in our videos. What's wrong with that. IT'S TRUE. LOOK AT THE SATISTICS! Who act like prostitues out of all other races? Who is quick to put you on childsupport? Who is quick to divorce? Who makes up 80 percent of all AIDS cases?

Edited by BIGGMike
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 6:03pm

Over all, Rap videos do degrade women, but even more so, they degrade BLACK MEN.

We show the world how much we think of our own women. That's why we are disrespected by all other races of people.

It's time to get on some POLITICAL RAP. wHAT HAPPEN TO CHUCK D AND PE.  CAUSE THAT'S WHAT TIME IT IS. Foreget naked women. Who care about naked women? I don't! who cares about high yellow and damd near white women? I don't.

I CARE ABOUT GETTING A JOB AND SUPPORTING MY WIFE AND FAMILY. That's what rap should be about right about now. I'm tired of the whoes and cars. That's childs play. So I do agree with the women that it is time to make a change.

Tupak said " Change, change is good. I aint made at you"!

Edited by BIGGMike
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 6:04pm
But... I still love hiphop!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 1:49pm

Oh yea and tell the Queen with (Beauty Shop) to be......

ORIGINAL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BIGGMike
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 4:27pm
I think that did it! 

Edited by BIGGMike
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 1:55pm
Hey!!! I hardly noticed this board.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

blackwallstreet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackwallstreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 7:22pm
hey, its the new age hip hop. tha old school consisted of graffitti and that was tha stereotype. now its half naked women.
THE BLACK WALLSTREET IZ COMIN'
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 10:25am
my bad I haven't been on this board in a while

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic