Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BEST Makeup! Need any advice? ASK ME!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
linz_legrand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linz_legrand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 12:54pm
Hey Jess

I finally got the tinted moisturizer, but I think I'll be taking it right back.  I used it and it turned my face radioactive orange (I'm fair skinned, and I got the lightest tint).  I'm sure that Dermalogica's tinted moisturizers are better, but I think I'll just stick with foundation for now.

Thanks for the help
- Linz
Carlotta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 2:07pm
Hey Jess,
       Do you have to go in a booth thing for the mystic tan? Cause I'm not sure if i'd be able to do that, it sounds good tho.. Do you know the name of the lotion you mentioned yet? Its really only for my face, i already have tan stuff for my body that i use, its just too bright for my face!! If you could get the name of the lotion stuff that would be great, thanks so much! :D 
Chaz xx
veggie_gurl101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veggie_gurl101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 7:12pm
hi, do you have a suggestion for an eyeliner that doesnt create raccoon eyes after wearing it for like a half hour?
eat more veggies,love your pets
Carlotta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 1:43pm
Try the bourjois eyeliners, they're magic! :D

Chaz xx
lizzydeth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzydeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 9:23pm
what is Mineral Vail?  I wear revlon all day makeup but would love something that looks more natural as well as lasting all day.
eashworth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 10:01pm

Hi Jess. I'm sure you can help me.  Any suggestions for products that minimize large pores?  My skin also as a lot of red.  I've used all kinds of foundations and can't find one that doesn't leave my face looking cakey.  I'm afraid that with tinted moisturizer, i wouldn't get enough coverage.  Also, I wish I can find an eyeliner that doesn't disappear!  I like more of a smokey look on my eyes. I've tried using eyeshadow as liner, but I can't get it to look right on my upper and lower lash lines. My eyes are very dark brown, almost black.  I heard that brown is best, or even shades of blue.  My hair is dark blonde.  I'm sure i will have more questions!  Thanks for your help!

lizzydeth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzydeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by eashworth eashworth wrote:

Hi Jess. I'm sure you can help me.  Any suggestions for products that minimize large pores? 

Regarding reducing pores, I found Garnier pore minimising wash to work really well.  I've also seen clinique have a pore minimising lotion but its expensive.  I was going to buy it if the Garnier didn't work but it did :)

eashworth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 10:53pm

Thank you for the suggestion. I will look for Garnier.

Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 9:35pm
Have you tried Physicians Formula???  I'm deciding on whether if I should buy the product.  I have very oily skin and would like a makeup that won't clog my pores and will prevent breakouts.  I've seen Bare minerals and would like to try it, but the price is a big factor with me.  I know Physicians is more expensive then your average makeup (covergirl), but is a lot less than Bare Minerals. I'm thinking of trying Physicians Mineral wear, because it sounds the best for my skin type, along with a concealer(twins cream concealer 2-in-1).  Please help or give any suggestions about this brand?

"The most wasted day of all is that during which we have not laughed." :)
fawnsweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fawnsweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 5:03pm

hey!!! i have a couple of ??Z for u.

Ok! so first off...i have a round face and i would like it to loook slimmer.. not fatter. I want to know exactly how to apply blush to achieve that high cheekbone effect.

Also, i'm from india and my skin is cinnamon brown. What colours would look best on me for 1). blush, 2). lipstick 3) eyeshadow?

That pic is of me.. so yu get an idea of my colour tone and face. I have nice features. I just need to do something right so I can make my eyes pop, my lips look more noticeable etc.  I should tell you,I have very very sensitive skin that breaks out if i smile the wrong way. This will really help.

Thank u bunchES!!! ........ fawnsweet

Edited by fawnsweet
This too shall pass!!!
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 12:45am
Originally posted by kdprincessjess kdprincessjess wrote:

I've been trying products for years and years of all price levels. I'm currently 21 years old and a college student and love to try out the newest products. I'm a big makeup, beauty, and fashion diva and have finally found the perfect makeup regime that works for pretty much everyone. Here is my secret:

Cheap foundation (any foundation really) can clog your pores, cause blackheads, and can do more damage for your skin than it's worth. I picked up Dermalogica tinted lotion (www.dermalogica.com) and now put it on my face every day. It doesn't clog your pores and gives great color coverage. After that I use my bare minerals foundation powder, blush, and then highlight with Revlon Skinlights face illuminator (which is a bronzer). Afterwards I give complete coverage with the bareminerals Mineral Vail. Here is the step by step easy for you:

1. Dermalogica tinted lotion with SPF15
2. Bareminerals foundation (can combine several colors)
3. Bareminerals blush
4. Revlon Skinlights face illuminator
5. Mineral Vail

I'm very much into the 'naturally beautiful look' that won’t rub off during the day, and this is perfect. I can also give recommendations to skincare products, eye makeup, hair products, what to do with oily skin during the day, etc. I can also recommend colors with the bareminerals line for your skin. Let me know if you have any questions!!!!

Hiya KDPrincessJess,
  Okey doke...you've peaked my curiosity: How much is each item and where can I get it?
 Thanks,
   Jessica :)
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 1:58pm

Not the oringial poster, but you can get most of this at www.sephora.com

1. Dermalogica tinted lotion with SPF15 (only one not sure about)
2. Bareminerals foundation (can combine several colors) (sephora around 30 bucks
3. Bareminerals blush (around 20 bucks
4. Revlon Skinlights face illuminator (drugstore --  10.00)

5. Mineral Vail (spelt veil I think) and is also made by Bareminerals is 30 dollars

I would definitely recommend the bareminerals collection.  Great product that is great for your skin.  Not fond of Revlon Skinlights...I really like Smashboxes face illuminator (more pricey but definitely a better product)

Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 5:02pm
Hm, a bit pricey, but I think I'll give those a try!
Thank you Tinkerbell!! I appreciate your help!
cathrynr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathrynr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 2:20am
I wear Physician's Formula and also use their bronzer. It's very good in my opinion. It also has built in sunscreen.
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 2:44am

"It also has a built in sunscreen"

The BareMinerals or Physician's Formula?

Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 11:03am
Yeah, I decided to get Physician's Formula.  I have tan skin and I got the bronzer (Mineral wear) and the concealer duo.  The makeup is the best brand I've bought from the store (compared to revlon, covergirl).  Also I have acne prone skin and I see an improvement with this makeup along with having Proactive.  I want Bareminerals, but the price is too high for me (college student), though, Physician's in my opinion is the next best thing for an affordable price and easy access. 
"The most wasted day of all is that during which we have not laughed." :)
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2005 at 10:22am

I recently discovered Bare minerals. OMG, the stuff is amazing. I will never use anything else.

angledbob2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angledbob2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 5:15am

Hi Jess

I am a guy very new i.t.o makeup and i am really struggling finding the right colour base makeup for my skin. I also need some help shaping my eye brows and getting the right makeup for my complexion and hair colour. I have chin length brown hair currently in an inverted bob. Can you help???!!

Hairprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 12:00pm

kdprincessjess:

Hi, Im wondering if you have ever tired airbrush foundation. I see it on tv lots and I hear its good. Wondering where I would find it and how much it goes for? I use Revlon foundation and love it but I want to try to get away from using such heavy foundation. My skin tone is very all over the place so I need a foundation...i have very rosy cheeks but I hate it, yes I know lots of people want that but I dont lol. Anyways, I wanna find something that will blend well with my skin but be very light but cover the same as mine right now. Any suggestions?

Thanks...Jamie

Hairprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 12:02pm

Oh I forgot one thing, I do have this tinted glow foundation but it doesnt cover very well....i only use it in the summer but it doesnt give the same effect as regular foundation, I mean I know its not suppose to but my regular foundation makes me look awak and good but this stuff just made me look a little dull and orange lol. I can only pull it off with a tan on my face.

Jamie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic