Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help! highlights went wrong!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
b_dot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help! highlights went wrong!
    Posted: April 13 2005 at 10:57am

last week i went to a professional hairdressers to get my hair cut and have blonde highlights in.  the cut looks ok but the highlights are wayyyy too light - in fact they almost look white, and hence make me look kinda grey.  i wanna have the highlights made into a more honey coloured blonde, does anyone know if this is possible?

thanks

P

Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 11:01am
Go back to the salon where you had your hair done and explain it to them and ask them to fix it for you. Whatever ya do don't try anything yourself as disaster could occur. Let a professional advise you on the best approach.
b_dot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 11:08am
yeh i think i will do.  im not going to try and do it myself, but i think someone told me that you cant make highlights darker unless u dye them back to a dark colour and then re-highlight them.
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 11:49am

Originally posted by b_dot b_dot wrote:

yeh i think i will do.  im not going to try and do it myself, but i think someone told me that you cant make highlights darker unless u dye them back to a dark colour and then re-highlight them.

That's absolutely not true.  What your colorist will probably do is put a toner on the highlights, to tone them to the desired color.  Be clear with her what shade of blonde you are looking for.  Look at swatches if need be.

HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 5:37am

This may seem a little bizarre, but getting the decoloured highlights in exactly the colour of the 'swatches' is easier the second time...

So go back, explain what you want and certainly use the colour examples to make it clear to them.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic