Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair straighteners just not working??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shpike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shpike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair straighteners just not working??
    Posted: April 17 2005 at 2:49pm

Hey there..

I'm a guy of 18 years and my hair is pretty straight naturally but sometimes, before going out round town and stuff, I like to straighten my hair.

Thing is.. for some reason it never seems to really work with me and I don't get why! When other lads I know straighten there hair you can see it's been done and it looks good, but when I do it.. unless I actually tell someone I've had it done they'd never guess cause it just doesn't change much.

I own my own pair of straighteners and my two sisters have hair straighteners too... they are all different brands and I've tried them all on my hair but they just don't work.

Could anyone tell me possibly what I might be doing wrong? Maybe I'm not holding them on my hair long enough to straighten properly?

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 3:01pm
I think the longer you've been on the straightening habit, the more likely the hair will become resistant. Or some hair just doesn't straighten well, because it has a good "memory" for its structure.
my LJ, 40 inches long
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 10:45am
it also might be because your hair is pretty straight naturally.  mine is like that except for a slight wave and i've had the same problem with straightening irons- they just don't work!   i recommend trying straight works by paul mitchell- it's a straightening gel and if you put it in towel-dried hair it works pretty well.  it's a little gunky but it washes out and as long as your hair is still wet when you put it in it won't look greasy.
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic