Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stop Nail Dust!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hitails View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stop Nail Dust!!
    Posted: April 18 2005 at 9:45am

Hi All

When I do nail extensions I get a lot a nail dust off the nail tips when filing them is there anything I can do to stop it getting onto my chest apart from wearing a mask?

www.nailsnstuff.co.uk
Nails, Hair, Beauty & Alt Therapies
Come Strut Your Stuff
masonbetha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonbetha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 2:14pm
get a pci of u first then I could help ya nails

babi_gurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babi_gurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 5:03pm

lol. that happens to me. i have no idea how to stop it. i guess its just natural...but then again, i guess the manicurists (whatever the word for it is) might have to try experimenting with different ways to make the nails. i hope i somewhat helped

<3,

em

Em
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 7:02am
I don't know how practical this would be for you, but could you set up some kind of vacuum above your working area?  When people in labs work with anything toxic or dusty, they do it in a fume hood (an area set up with a vacuum in it so everything get sucked into a compartment where no one has to breath it.  They sell small hoods (like what you have over your stove...you may be able to use a vacuum cleaner near where you work too, but all of this is going to be really noisy unless you can find a quite vacuum or hood.  (I don't know of one that's quiet, personally).

How about using one of those electric HEPA air filters on your table?  At least you can set those to a quieter mode...though I don't suppose they will be as efficient at sucking up the dust.  I'm out of ideas!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
baller5000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baller5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 5:56pm
i can see it wit my eyes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic