Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I am growing mine!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Solo35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am growing mine!!
    Posted: January 09 2001 at 7:00pm
Hey, I am 35 years old and haven`t had long hair since I was 11!!! I am ready and starting to grow my hair. Right now I am growing out a shag, my hair is just past shoulders (barely). It is highlighted every 3 months. I want to get rid of the layers. My biggest problem is impulse. If I am having a bad hair day, I will make an appt. and get it cut!! I have just started seeing a new stylist since Sept., and have told her my goals, and she has been very supportive. I had one brain fart and called for an appt. to get it cut, and all I ended up doing was paying 35.00 for a shampoo and blowdry. She wouldn`t do it, wanted me to think about it, and am I ever glad she did. I`ll be staying with her for quite a while I am sure. My biggest concern now is not letting my ends dry out, I am using Redken AntiSnap leavi in conditioer, and so far its wroking great for me, let me know of any others that would be good. My hair is in the medium fine, straight texture. My goal is hair down to about bra- strap level.
Lisa

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2001 at 7:36pm
Reply to message: 24.3.1
Hi Lisa,

I have heard great things about Redken AntiSnap from several people. I know that it is fabulous for fine hair.

I have been meaning to test it myself but have not gotten around to it...in fact I am still testing detanglers with mixed results.

I am currently using Matrix Instacure which is supposedly a detangler and a leavein conditioner (2 for the price of one) although I think that most detanglers are now also leavein conditioners. Or claim to be. Which makes it confusing from some aspects.

I can`t decide if I like it or not. My hair has been acting up all week because I have been ill with the flu. This was one thing I discovered last year when I was so sick that even I stayed in bed for 2 weeks. My hair got sick too. I mean it got really dry and crunchly and limp at the roots.

I asked my nutritionist about it and she said that when your body is sick it marshalls all forces to fight off the infection. So hair gets the last bit of nutrients and often "acts up" during illness.

Ah hah. So today I deep conditioned it and it feels better but I am not sure yet if the instacure is really that good or not. I am going to give it a little longer. One thing that irritates me is how big the bottle is. It is monstrous and I keep knocking it off the countertops in the bathroom. Grrrrrr.

Thanks for sharing. Your stylist is a "keeper". When they refuse to cut because you are "in the mood" that is awesome. Hang on to them and keep it growing. :-)
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Sobriquet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sobriquet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2001 at 9:31am
Reply to message: 24.3.1
I am glad to hear you have a supportive stylist - they are hard to come by in regards to long hair support!

I have never had really long hair, and have decided I should try at least once in my life (since my life is probably half over already LOL).

I have never tried the AntiSnap, but have only heard good things about it from other people. Right now I am using Giovanni`s VitaProFusion leave-in treatment, mostly as a detangler.

I like this new support board - let`s keep giving each other moral support!!
Wavy Brunette
Current Length: 29"
Goal Length: my maximum growth potential ;)
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2001 at 7:55am
Reply to message: 24.5.1
Hi-

My favorite detangler is the Artec Spray Kiwi leave- in detangle/conditioner. I have been using it nearly every day for over a year now. I bought a really big bottle from Diamond Beauty and have been refilling my spray bottle.

Regards.
Clare
Clare
Solo35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2001 at 4:50pm
Reply to message: 24.43.1
well, I just got the Edwin Paul smoothing lotion in the mail today that I ordered from HB. It is supposed to smooth the hair and I have heard that it resists humidity. We`ll see tomorrow, as I plan on using it and the waether is supposed to be rainy.... I`ll keep everyone posted on how it works.

Lisa
Rowena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2001 at 3:38pm
Hi Lisa! It`s great you`ve decided to grow your hair long after such a long time! What made you decided now to grow it? How long was it before and what`s the longest you`ve had it since you were 11?
When I was growing my hair I had bad hair days too, I found it useful to keep a supply of hairbands and hairspray ready and thankfully I managed to avoid the scissors until I had the length I wanted. Anyway I wish you all the best - go for it!! Rowena.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic