Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The End of the 28mm PH + Experiments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The End of the 28mm PH + Experiments
    Posted: April 30 2005 at 12:22pm

OK, this is the end of the line for me & the 28mm PH.  .  .It has been NINE and a HALF WEEKS. (hmm)

First set of photos is after me jacking with it for like an HOUR. It's a combo of HSF straight (27/613), WaWa body (27/613), HH French Wave (18/22), and PH 28mm (Blonde, Winterblond, Birke, and Platin). What a nightmare to try to style!!

Second set is after me just kind of letting it dry, and fixing the ends a bit. Also you can see I've removed a bit more hair.  Needless to say I'm in great need of some new hair and I am ready!! 

So what can I say? Plans for next install:

50mm PH in Mandel, Blond, Vanille, and Platin in back and lots of sides.

Bohyme 27/613 in front using a combo of Amm's shrinkies and keratin fusion. Will post pics next week when new look is complete!

Edited by FinaFina
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 1:02pm
I think the color blending is awesome. Very natural. But when styling gets to an hour, it's time for a change. You using velvet hot rollers? I accidently got just a strand or two of the PH caught up in the iron yesterday and it was a horrific outcome. I'm so used to hh or thermo that I really need to pay attention now. The styling is just so different.

Can't wait to see the new VA-V-VOOM install!
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 1:17pm

Yes indeed. The styling nightmare is because of the different response the hair has to heat.

1) I'd prefer to use a curling iron on the HH (including mine) but fear getting the PH caught up in it.

2) The velvet rollers create a bizarre, too-curly effect on the WaWa Body Wave (plus its other inherent problems) and on the French Wave

3) The velvet rollers produce different results on the PH and the HSF.

SO. I just kept on trying -- all part of the experiment of course -- and couldn't believe how incredibly difficult it was to get it all to "match". Hence my new plant of attack. I think it will work well.

mtolady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtolady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 3:26pm
Fina...either way....whether you spend the hour or not....they both look incredibly pretty and very natural.

i'm partial to the curly, but not at an hour!!!

post new pix when you're done!!
has someone been swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool again?
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 4:49pm
Ah it lived a good life! Fina...I liked the straighter version, too!
missy66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 4:53pm
wow the top pic is GORGEOUS! the bangs...are all yours?
AmethystKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 5:05pm
man mixing synthetic and hh seems like it would be a bitch to deal with. i know i couldn't handle it lol
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 7:31pm
Thanks for posting these pics, Fina. It's really helpful to see how the different types of hair respond so differently to heat. Especially in the top pic, the hair still looks damned good.

When I had human hair, I spent over an hour on it every day (largely because it took so friggin' long to dry), so I guess it's all relative. I'd actually think you could do the front and sides with human or therm and the back with mono with no problem, but mixing strand by strand just seems like it'd be too much of a challenge.

I can't wait to see your new install!!! :)
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 7:41pm
Jenny I've heard you mention several times how much longer it takes for HH to dry than synth.  This absolutely boggles me.  I've never had HH extensions but I used to have a whoel lot of natural hair.  and it did tkae a long time to dry but nothing like what my extensions do.  I'm guessing this is because of the total volume of hair...

How long does it take for yours to dry?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 8:50pm
Sure. For me, it's an amazing difference between the synth and the human. When I just had my own natural hair, it dried fairly quickly (especially cause it's fine, thin, and there isn't a lot of it). But with human hair extensions, it would take forever--so much so that I could only air-dry my hair when I had all day to sit around. Literally, it wouldn't be completely dry after 10 hours; the roots would still be damp.

Keep in mind that we're talking about many ounces of 24" hair that started out black but was bleached to blonde and processed in God-knows-how-many ways (I imagine that may have something to do with it). That said, this was the case with every human hair brand I tried, except with the H&H cuticle hair, which dried a bit faster, but was black and always felt like it had some sort of coating on it that made the hair a little water-resistant. I still have no idea what that was.

With the synth extensions, the hair dries fairly quickly; the water doesn't really absorb into the hair, like it does with human. In about 1/2 hour of air-drying, it's mostly dry (drier than my own hair, certainly); in 1 1/2 hours, it's bone dry. The only area that stays somewhat damp is the roots, because braids, bonds, locs, etc., always get a bit water-logged. Even so, they get a lot les waterlogged with synth than human.

:)   

Edited by Jenny_RR
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic