Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hairdressing student

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairdressing student
    Posted: May 03 2005 at 8:32am

Hi All,

Can I just say what a fantastic site, so much information and advice for someone who has just started hairdessing in the last year. I live in scotland, we do have a great education system here, plenty of help with training which is fantastic.

I love being a hairdresser, having someone come into the salon and going out a totaly delighted with her new style , colour etc, make's you feel good.

As I have said I am just training at the moment , full time student, work part time , a mum and wife no time for me , but I would'nt have it anyother way.

My only regreat is that I am fast approching my 40th birthday and did'nt do my training when I was younger , but having kids and unfortunatly having cancer 10 years ago did'nt help things , but hey I am doing it now and I love it , and I feel I seem to be learning more and better , maybe cause I am a bit more wiser with life.

karen s

karen sanderson
irishroyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 4:49pm
 Hi Karen, this is a wonderful profession and I'm glad to hear your doing it. All the best and if you ever need help just ask me at ASKMAGS.COM, Mags Kavanaugh 
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 1:53pm

Hi Mags

Thanks, If I need help I will certainly ask, but beware you will probably get fed up with me, lol

karen sanderson
irishroyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 9:17pm

Well, I've answered over 6000 questions, just start studying all you can, ask tons of questions to you teachers and go to other web site like Clariol and L'Oreal as they have a wonderful info that will help you to understand color.

Start making books of picture of haircolor, cuts and texture (perms) and pics of dresswork (updo's). This will help you down the line when clients ask you to give them a certain cut or color you can show them pictures to help them understand and for you to be able to give them what they want.

Good luck and ask all the questions you want.

- Mags Kavanaugh ASKMAGS.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic