Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Very unhappy head of hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brigwink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brigwink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very unhappy head of hair
    Posted: May 07 2005 at 7:23am
Hi, My name is Brigitte and I am new to this forum.  I'm experiencing a problem I could really use some feedback on.   Today I have a gold, brassy,head of hair.  This was done in a beauty school, where they did a great job the last time I was there.  I don't know how to eliminate the gold.  I have always had highlighted and lowlighted hair, at least until now, and I just want to look like myself again.  Does anyone know what I can do to reduce the gold at least temporarily?  There's been so much chemical processing going on in my hair, that I am reluctant to do anything but I feel I cannot go anywhere without a hat.  Going to a salon is out of the question, at least for now.  Thank you for any help you can offer.
maneman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maneman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 8:21pm
Brigette

A semi permanent color should help you in the short run. You may not
get exactly the colour that you are after, but at least you'll be able to go
out publicly without a hat. Try a Goldwell Colorance combination of 6N
+6B for a pretty light brown colour. With all of the gold tones in your hair
this should leave you with a light brown with warm gold reddish tones
which is flattering to most skin tones.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 1:54pm
You don't have to go brown if you don't want to.  Any chance you can go back to the beauty school and ask them to put a violet based color over it?  Violet will tone down the yellow and make you closer to a medium or ash blonde.  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
ravenlox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravenlox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 6:54am
I've had this problem in the past, when trying to go light, my hair goes brassy, gold orange. I always have to end up putting a colour with ash in it, over the top. Usually a very light ash brown, ash blonde or lightest ash blonde will help if you dont want to go darker. Otherwise, there are violet coloured toner products out there to try too. good luck.
13.5/17.5/26
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic