Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

****O/T...And A Bit Personal*****

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 12:08pm
Amethyst.  Yeah me too.  sort of.  except I'm not 21 anymore and I keep trying to get up the nerve to get them pointed at the sky again.  I figure I deserve it.  Not sure why just that I do...
rachelrolen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelrolen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 12:17pm
Mochachip.....a big problem besides the hips and butt but when I loose weight that's the first place I start to loose it...went from a 38 D to a 36 B ...since I started trying to get ready for the CPAT I started doing butterfly exersizes on my husband bowflex and not only did they get perkier and firmer but I went up to a 36 C....now I'm doing the exersize where you just put you hands out in front of you and flex cause I can't work out right now....ever try might help a little....if it hadn't helped i probably would have gotten them as well ..juswt tryin to help

Edited by rachelrolen
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 12:21pm

I am trying a streatmark cream that is supposed to be for scars too. Now I can't speak personally on it yet because I have only been using it for 1 week now, although it does already look better, I'm not really sure though.  My friend used it for streatchmarks after her baby and it worked great for her.

http://www.striae.com

like I said I am not sure for myself yet.

Edited by LauraR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelrolen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 12:24pm
LauraR.....hmmm..that would kill 2 birds with one stone....I have a lot of stretchmarks from losing so much weight that are now where my old stomach use to be.....i'm going to bookmark it....let me know how it goes...thanks
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 12:28pm
maybe I can take before and after pics - SCAR ONLY ofcource!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelrolen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 12:30pm
lol....have a show off you cosmestic surgery scar post
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 4:07pm
rachel -- I totally understand that.  I'm a certified aerobics, pilates, spinning, etc instructor.  Mine go maybe from a 36DD to a 32/34 DD but the difference between my back size and my boob size (the over - the under measurements) stays the same pus or minus a half inch.  so they get even saggier but not smaller.

I've got the money socked away and everything.  But I need to be at any wiegth stably for a reasonable period of time and suck it up about the huge ass scars its going to leave.  I figure I'll one of them reduced(matching is good).  maybe both reduced somewhat, and have fake ones put in under the muscle where there are less likely to sag ever.  I don't know why I'm so damn nervous.  It's not like I'd pull my shirt up and show them off on one of those girls gone wild videos right now.  But I guess there's no way to even imagine it after the scars.  But god for my back not to hurt quite so much and to be able to laze around the house braless without all the weird chafing issues...

yup need to get to any weight and stay there.  maybe over Christmas. break this year...  But I know it will be two weeks bed rest.  I'd meant to do it this yer but my job got in the way and now I'm up 15 lbs... argh....
xoxsn0whitexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 4:14pm
hey ladies....there is something called Mederma...u can get it at walmart and stuff...Its expensive...but if you use it like they tell you too..it will definately heal it up good and the scar will minimize...i definately recommend staying out of the sun for a long time...or keeping it out of the sun....trust me i had one scar right below my bikini line....and i kept it out of the sun and it healed great and then i just tanned for like a month or so and everything evened out...but i had another mole removed because it had cancer on my upper arm where it meets my shoulder (if that makes sense) and i went straight back to the tanning bed and kept the stuff on there...BUT it still hasnt healed over correctly and its been a year, so definately keep it out of the sun and cover it up for like 6months ATLEAST!! and you will hopefully be free of a scar with the mederma...vitamin E works too for like when its really scabbby...so i would rub the mederma in and then put the vitamin E oil on top of it! hope this helps! sorry so long!
Eryn
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 4:48pm

Hey Gina, I had mine done under the breast, so the scar is in the crease. There is a definite scare but totally not visible since its kind of in the fold/crease. And Im glad I did it that way. I had it done in 1998.

It was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. I will never regret it. My only regret is that I didnt go bigger. Seriously. I got 450 cc anatomical implants. My doc wanted to do 500cc and I thought it would be too big. And Im a small framed girl. I weigh 120lbs athough Im 5'7. I look very well proportioned, but I wish I had gone slightly bigger now. When you dont have boobs you always think they look big....but then after you get used to them they dont seem very big at all! So I always tell anyone who is thinking about it, go a size larger than you think you want...cause once you get used to them, they dont seem so BIG!

I had absolutely no bruising but the pain was pretty intense for a few days. I also agree that the removal of the drains was the worst pain! And definitely use some of the scar cream to help minimize the scars!

Good LUCK....Im sure you'll be happy with your decision!

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 5:45pm
Oh, this is a fun thread! Congratulations, Gina--that's exciting. I've never had any plastic surgery, but I'd really like to (starting with the boobs), and I'm sure I will eventually, when I get my act together.

Interesting about the smoking (I'm a smoker, actually). Do doctors just refuse to do BAs if you smoke or they're just reluctant?

Mocha: You asked about collagen, which is something I have had (not the lips, though--the folds from the nose to the mouth). I had it once about a year ago, and it cost about $400. For me, it was a pretty subtle difference, but definitely a difference, and the needle was slightly uncomfortable, but in no way painful. I had little wounds from the needle for a few days afterward, but then it was fine. I'd get it again, but I don't feel like parting with the $400 just yet. Like I said, I think it was a subtle difference, but nothing I couldn't live without, either. I think this works a bit differently for the lips, if that's what you're looking into.

:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelrolen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 6:07pm

Mocha...that's cool that youre cert. for all that stuff ....wish I was that dedicated...lol...don't blame you for being nervous...it's defintly not a small thing...I get like that buying lamps....then I just put my foot down to myself and just do it...lol...*** buy the lamp rachel you need more light***...you'll know when the time is right for you and do it ..ya know...I looked in the mirror for the first time since the surgery today with out the compression thingy before i took a shower and even though i'm still swollen and i had swelled a little just getting up and getting ready for the shower ..i was like...HOLY $***...defintly differnt...BETTER..have you gone to any consultations yet?....if not maybe going to one or two talk to a cpl of docs maybe find a doc you're comfortable with would help....I went to a few back in Seattle..but the first one I went to out here I felt good about and like i said so far so good..

JennRR...I think it would depend on the doc and the procedure you're having done...Seattle is kinda one of those anti smokers **FOR LACK OF A BETTER TERM**..so I think it was realy more that doc...I wouldnt want a doc who wasn't a little concerned about it because of what I had done...seems like I even got a lot more lectures from the Navy docs there then I do here....what I liked about my doc here is that he was very thorough with EVERYTHING...so it made me feel even more at ease

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 6:22pm

I had mine done in the crease

I didnt want it through the nipple cause I didnt want scars there, or lose any feeling, and I didnt want it through the armpit cause I wear sleeveless shirts a lot and didnt want scars in my armpits.

(edit) I was also extremely lucky with the healing, was off painkillers on the 3rd day and had no swelling and NO bruising, AND they "dropped" in 2 weeks.  I had over 400cc put in, but because Im a bit pigeon chested it doesnt look huge, just a round c cup.  I was suprised how little pain I was in, everyone told me to expect this huge ordeal, I was like "this is it?". 

Edited by Kalika
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 6:42pm

Originally posted by mochachip mochachip wrote:

rachel -- I totally understand that.  I'm a certified aerobics, pilates, spinning, etc instructor.  Mine go maybe from a 36DD to a 32/34 DD but the difference between my back size and my boob size (the over - the under measurements) stays the same pus or minus a half inch.  so they get even saggier but not smaller.

I've got the money socked away and everything.  But I need to be at any wiegth stably for a reasonable period of time and suck it up about the huge ass scars its going to leave.  I figure I'll one of them reduced(matching is good).  maybe both reduced somewhat, and have fake ones put in under the muscle where there are less likely to sag ever.  I don't know why I'm so damn nervous.  It's not like I'd pull my shirt up and show them off on one of those girls gone wild videos right now.  But I guess there's no way to even imagine it after the scars.  But god for my back not to hurt quite so much and to be able to laze around the house braless without all the weird chafing issues...

yup need to get to any weight and stay there.  maybe over Christmas. break this year...  But I know it will be two weeks bed rest.  I'd meant to do it this yer but my job got in the way and now I'm up 15 lbs... argh....

sorry I just read this, but if you have big breasts it begin with, then going under the muscle is a bad idea, because eventually the breast will sag off the implant and its not a pretty site

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 7:26pm
I have only recently gotten a list of doc names.  I figured I'd start with the collagen (around my eyes) and if I was comfortable with the doc move on from there.  I want the collagen anyways so...  The only docs I've spoken to are my friends.  There and mostly GP's.  So while they have suggested some things they have always backed it up with tons of 'this ain't my specialty' disclaimers.

One of my better friends had her's hacked off from an F to a D and is now sad because when she lost weight she went down to a C.  I've seen her scars and poked ata her new boobies.  Correction she had them hacked off twice because she started young and they kept on growing.  I only met her after the second round.  She's a nurse as well and suggested getting the whole lot cut off and going with implants.  They'll stay the same size. 

I really want my eyes done up some before I go home this summer.  I was the youngest kid in my hish school class and i want everyone who harrassed me for it to envy me for looking so much younger now...

How long did each of you spend before heading back to work?  Both to desk work and more physical endeavors?
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 8:55pm
I've had liposuction, collegen in my lips, frown lines, and a few around the eyes. I also had blethoplasty (fat removed from under my eyes) and then lasar surgery around my eyes. I had the liposuction done when I only needed to exercise more and I actually gained weight after the surgery. The collegen I find far too expensive for such a short time with minimal results. But my blethoplasty and eye lasar surgery to get rid of wrinkles was done about five years ago and I don't have any wrinkles around my eyes and I'm in my forties. I want to get the fat taken off the top part of my eyes next. I went to work three days later after the blethoplasty and black eyes to boot.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 9:06pm
tell me more baout your laser procedure around your eyes.  I've only heard a very little bit about it.  Sounded like a surface treatment...  But clearly I'm misinformed
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 9:07am

Hey Gina!  As you know, I have the armpit!  The only bad thing about the armpit imo, is if you have the surgery in the summer time (which you are) no deoderant until the incision heals, and no shaving of the armpits!  My right incision took a little longer to heal because of sweat!  Another thing, I didn't have to do any massaging or pinching of the breasts, mine were right where they supposed to be. 

Definitly plan on sleeping in a recliner for the first couple of days!  I didn't quit smoking before or after like they tell you too either.  Smoking does slow the healing process tho.

I just had my second child (he's 5 whopping mos. old now!) & I was unable to breastfeed!  I was kinda bummed, but knew going into this surgery that this was one of the side effects!  I didn't get any milk in at all?? 

A really great site is, www.implantinfo.com I lived on this site before my surgery over 3 years ago.   Tons of befores and afters & chat. 

Good luck Gina, let us know what you decide on the incision mark!    

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 5:06pm
Thanks for mentioning that website Bridget, I had totally forgotten about it. I spent ALOT of time on that site also, it is a totally awesome and informative site for anyone thinking, considering, going through and who has done it!
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 5:27pm
Mocha, the lasar surgery was done in Boston by the same guy who did my blethoplasty to remove fat under my eyes. For the lasar, I was premedicated first with I beleive, Versed but I can't remember now. I laid back in a recliner, and he placed these eye goggle things over my eyes to protect them. Then he used the lasar machine which made a weird sound like a sodering gun and went over my wrinkles around my eyes with it. I think he used it 3 or 4 times. I got up off the chair, and the nurse put vaseline and ice around my eyes. I looked in the mirror and my eyes were all red, but the wrinkles were all gone and still are! I highly reccommend lasar and blethoplasty.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 6:03pm
Could anyone tell me how much they paid for their BA or for blethoplasty? (I'm curious about how the costs vary from state to state. I'm in NYC, and I've heard of doctors charging up to 15K here for BA, which is insanity, imo.)

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic