Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

****O/T...And A Bit Personal*****

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ****O/T...And A Bit Personal*****
    Posted: May 09 2005 at 7:58am

I wanted to start this thread to ask others for honest advice with their personal experiences....NOT personal opinions

Many of you have been rather open regarding cosmetic surgery...BA

I'm having those last minute *jitters* because I'm not completly sure which incision to use.Either inframam(underneath) or transaux(armpit) I know each has their pros/cons. I have seen several of his patients... His work is Oh So Natural!

Back to the topic at hand(or at breast ) Please...all who are willing to share...I'd appreciate any food for thought!

May 25 is my big day...haha, but not *that* big >300cc

justamom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justamom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 8:22am
Hey there! I had transaux (armpit) method and I am very glad-
absolutely NO scarring. I went from an A cup to a small C cup.
I had mine done in 1997 with no problems. I have even had a
second child since then and breastfed. It was the best thing
that I have ever done for my self-esteem. Be prepared for the
pain; however, take the meds and don't try to be strong. I tried
to be strong and it took longer to get up and going. If you have
any questions just let me know! I am very open about it! Hope
this helps.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 8:33am
On a similar topic.  Anyone have any collagen experience they can share?  I recently got the names of a couple good docs here but I'm a litle nervous to even make the appt.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 9:03am

Jam...Did you have a lot of bruising? I hear it's common w/ that method. Size wise...me too! A -sm. C

Thankx hun!

rachelrolen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelrolen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 9:26am
Weird...I just had surgery on the 27th....all though it wasn't what you're getting....I had a tummy tuck ( due to significant weight loss ) with out the abdominal plication and figured I might as well have some lipo to smooth out my hips and make everything look over all better....hmm..I'd say....do the armpit one....I'd think the scar if any wouldnt be as noticeable....who really looks at your pitts anyways...GOOD LUCK
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 9:38am

Hey Gina, are you getting some boobies?

I got mine 8 years ago and it was one of the best things I ever did!

My incisions were on the perimeter of the ariola (colored area around the nipple) and it healed great!  You can hardly see a thing.  At the time I was in college and working as a topless dancer, so not having a scar was super important.

This should amuse you, I got 910cc!  I went from a 36B to a 38DD!  I had to totally beg the Doc to let me go that big, but on my body frame, it actually looks in proportion.  I'm 5'10" and have wide, curvy hips, so that's why I wanted biggies to balance out the bottom half!

Since than, I also had lipo of hips, tummy, thighs, kness.  That was also no big deal, but some of those incisions are still visible.

Also, the pain with the boob job was minimal, some burning from them being put under the muscle, I was out shopping and going to the movies just 2 days after.

Pain with lipo was also not bad.  I was given viccodin, and it made me break out in a itchy rash, so I just took extra strength tylanol, and that worked fine.

Edited by metalgirl
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 9:38am
I have many clients who have had this done they all have one thing that they say you need to sleep in a recliner after because you can't get up otherwise !! so have one handy. One of them brusied so bad she siad she looked like a courpse she is very thin and that may have somthing to do with how much you brusise and how much they are streching the skin. allso you need someone to help you shower you wont be able to raise your arms to wash your hair. they all have gone uderarm and under the muscle. I have only met one who thought it was a breeze ( high pain tolerance she says). None of them have any regrets and would go thrugh it again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelrolen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 9:42am
Metal girl...when you had lipo did you get like a lump around the area and have to massage it or whatever...
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 9:46am

Rach,

It felt a little lumpy in some of the spots, but within a few months the lumpiness went away.  I didn't massage it or anything, though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelrolen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 9:54am

metal girl..ahh ok...the sheet they gave me for post op said to massage them but not over do it....but since my tummy tuck incision goes almost completely around so I do a little but i'm to nervous to mess with it to much cause it's near there...

Gina...not sure if you are...but if you're a smoker and you're doc hasn't said anything quit now....a few years back when my husband re-enlisted I was going to do what I just had done and the doc there ( Seattle ) wouldn't do it until I quit smoking.....but we decied to buy furniture with his re-enlistment bonus instead of that..lol...the doc here ( SC ) didn't say anything about it all though all the literature say it's best not to...Did I quit this time around......no....but the only prob has been the steri strips which i'm not sure you'll have..or if smoking would even be an issue with you surgery...

justamom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justamom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 10:16am
I did have quite a bit of bruising- straight down the middle of my
chest; however, that subsided after a couple of weeks. It felt
VERY tight initially-like I couldn't breathe in all the way. Also, I
felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest due to the
tightness. Not fun, but bearable IF you take your meds. The tip
about sleeping in a recliner is very good- I had to sleep with
about 10 pillows under me for the same result- you can't push
yourself up from a horizontal postion.   The smoking issue is
due to anethesia- it makes it more difficult to sleep and arouse
you if you are a smoker due to decreased pulmonary function.
Metalfirl- you must be much tougher than me!! I definitely wasn't
out shopping after 2 days- it took me about 4-5 days to feel like
getting out. I think I have a fairly good pain tolerance too   
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 10:33am

Gina - I just got mine in march (275 cc) LOVE 'EM!!

The pain went away in about 3-4 days (meds helped) sleeping was the hardest a recliner or those  support chairs for reading in bed are great.  I had inframam incision (underneath).  The scar is fading beautifully, you can still see it a little bit, but only when you lift and look for it (remember this is a fresh scar, so I expect it to fade even more).

Advice- the only thing that I didn't realize was the extent of discomfort of the nipple, my Dr. said it doesn't always happen but you can get hypersensitivity (which really hurts!) I learned a little late that all you have to do is put a band aid on them so they don't rub on your clothes. problem fixed! It is not as bad now but still a little sensitive, I was told it takes 9 months for this to completely go away and in some cases it won't.  But this also mean you won't feeling.

All in all, best thing I ever did - and if I had to do it again (which I would) I would get that 300cc! the muscle really pushes them down so they don't look as beg as when they have you try them on.  I am very petite, 5'3" and 103lbs and the 275 looks totally natural! which is what I wanted - I had close to nothing before thanks to breastfeeding.

Any questions - ask away!

LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 10:38am
oh - and I had no bruising at all, and I also was out of the house at about 2 days but just for small errands like grocery shopping but it was uncomfortable.  My Dr. told me not to lift more than 10lbs for three weeks - well I have a 16 months old daughter so I bent that rule a tad, well a lot but I was just fine.
AmethystKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 11:10am
i'm 21 with double Ds, i'm not worried right now lolol
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 11:13am

Much luv ladies!!!!!

I'm not a smoker...Yeah! I've been reading up for years know, so I'm informed on what to expect, ie. pain, sleeping in a recliner, etc. I have a VERY high pain tolerance ( I gave bith o natural) My sis-n-law just got hers done last month. She was out and about...with a little help in 3 days. She keeps preaching to me "Percocet!Percocet...and don't miss a dose!

I've personally seen scars each way, both fresh and old. It's been a toss up for me...but I think I'm goin transaux. Just hope I'm not a bruiser!

The implants I'm using are "high profile" which are fairly new. You get more projection with les cc's. Again, I'm just wanting a conservative size....I'd hate to draw attention away from my cutie booty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelrolen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 11:15am

justamom....ya that was part of it for the smoking but it was for healing as well.....they pull your skin off your abs so it's more of a blood flow issue since smoking restricts blood vessels....but so far so good....curse the steri strips........

Maybe if you don't have a recliner you can rent one....from like rentway or something....wish we had..I had hard to get up from the couch...my husband almost picked me up each time...when i'm a little more swollen at night he still has to give me a hand......not that it would be that way for you because i had something differnt done..just idea...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelrolen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 11:26am

Did any of you use anything to help with the overall appearance of the scar?..I'm going to have a big one regardless....and it still looks like they stitched me up like a piece of veal..and i'm pretty pale so the more I can do to help the better i think...

Gina...Percocet is your friend the first few days...well it was for me until I had my drain pulled...I think that was the worst part now it's just not sitting wrong on the bruises....I'm defintly a bruiser..still have the IV bruise..but at least I can shower now...are you getting excited yet?..

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 11:41am

Am I excited? Does a bear $hit in the woods? YES!!!!!! Although I go back and forth...scared, excited, scared, excited

I'm stockin up on meds, now. Vicoden/dearvocet make me through up. So I gotta have either perco. or demaral. The doc said he'd give me nausea patches, phenergan, and valium-though I'm vetoing that and demanding xanax!

Hmm..Rach...About those sars I've heard you can get laser to reduce them. So, you should maybe look into that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelrolen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 11:54am

Gina...I didn't get excited until the night before when i looked in the mirror and realized I was going to look completely differnt...I got a little nervous when I walked in the room and glanced over at the instrument they use for lipo...then I just told myself look at the ground....look at the ground...think flat stomach...and getting rid of my mom's hips.....

eeewww.... I had demerol when I had my wisdom teeth taken out and it gave me the worst headaches..had some vicodin and tylonel 3 when I broke my ankle and it's not bad but Percocet helps you sleep..it did for me at least...since I'm a stomach sleeper and early on I couldnt ( still have to put a pillow under one leg just started sleeping in the bed...)stuck in uncomfortable legs lifted position on couch and then the drain....

Laser..hmm....nah..lol..I think I'm pretty much done as far as cosmetic surgery goes....the scar would be hidden even if I wore a bikini but I dont really plan on it any time soon ...pale skin bad sun burn....my mom always said coco butter or vitamin E ....i don't like the smell of coco butter though....

missy66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 11:56am
I had mine done to long ago to remember how much CC but I mainly didnt go for size I went for the lift- kids, lol- and had another- 2 actually after and was still able to breasfeed- but now am saggy again and will go back...with a lift they cant do under arm just under and around- scar is awful- i knew i would have them redone and never took care of the scar really, so next time around i am for sure going to get scar stuff to be sure it heals good- i was a c and am now way bigger than a DD. not fun hahaahaha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic