Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EYES!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EYES!!!
    Posted: May 12 2005 at 9:53pm
I would like some makeup techniques to make my eyes stand out and look bigger and brighter.
Any tips?
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
Wild-Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild-Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 12:32pm

well use some bright colours of eye shadow

use three tones of the same colour use the middle one to over all over ur eye lid and the bottom one and the on the v end of ur eye lid use the darker tone and then highligt ur eyebrows with the shiny tone some silver or white eyeshadow and use the eyeliner to line only the outter half of ur eyelid and line the inner lines and some heavy mascara and use some concealer under ur eyes to clear out any blackness u have there...

EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 2:21pm

Wild- Kitty,  I agree with what you said, but I just wanted to say that on fair skinned people, bright colours can sometimes make eyes look smaller, particularly if thicker in texture and a unnatural tone, like pink, green, blue or purple.  If thinly applied it can absolutely have the effect you said, but if it gets heavy it can overwhelm them.

I would actually not go with bright colours to make one's eyes appear larger unless you're used to experimenting with them.  Natural tones with a great mascara (I often apply a couple fake lashes too, the individual ones can give a great elongating/enlarging effect) or going for the smoky eye/darkly lined and shadowed eyes work best.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic