Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what should a guy use for fine hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kenadams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what should a guy use for fine hair
    Posted: May 15 2005 at 9:41am

hi this is my first post, and ive read through a lot of the posts in this forum and am clueless as to what to use to get fuller hair. obviously being a guy i cant buy a whole bunch of products and start blow drying my hair, so what do you guys suggest i buy. my hairs about 6" long and falls flat down on my head which sucks. but hopefully theres a solution. oh and i live in ft lauderdale florida if that affects anything.

thanks

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 10:51am

Um, living in Ft. Lauderdale will practically guarantee flat hair.  I live about an hour north of you and I have to fight the flattening effects of humidity all year.  I keep my hair real short and layered but I also have to blow dry and use a wide mix of products.

My son has fine, straight hair that sounds about the same length as yours.  He looks pretty cute most of the time (he would die if he read this).  He uses a shampoo for fine hair (you can find some that are just for guys--mostly the smell I think) and that is about it.  He doesn't even brush it out after he gets out of the shower, just shakes it and goes about his business.  He has it cut in longish layers with bangs.  It does get flatish during the day but the layering and bangs help a lot. He asked the stylist for real jagged layers and she did just what he asked.  I would prefer shorter hair but he likes it this way and it looks like most of his friends have traded their short spikes for this long floppy look.

Make sure you wash your hair at least once a day, more often if you are doing a sport or if you get real sweaty (not hard here--all you have to do is walk outside).  Oh, and get a trim about once a month.  You don't have to get much cut off, just the tip ends but you would be surprised at what a difference that makes in the volume.

Good luck.

"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic