Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*-+prebonded?pretipped?..+-*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
plastikhaar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plastikhaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *-+prebonded?pretipped?..+-*
    Posted: May 19 2005 at 5:31am
hi there

sorry i never worked with prebonded streaks.
how ever im still in discussion with my supplier...
they do not know the system so i try to explain...

so whats the diffrence between: prebonded hair, pretipped hair and
nail hair?
can anyone show me a pic of absolut perfect pretipped hair so
i can send it to my supplier?

im a bit stuck here : )

thanks
sara
need some great hair?
plastikhaar hair.supply
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 5:47am

Hi Sara....here is my definition of the three terms:

Pretipped: The tips are glued and rolled into what resembles a shoelace tip. Usually just a tiny amount of glue, enough to roll into a tight, small tip. We generlly use these types of tips for extendtubes, microrings and shrinkies applications

Prebonded: More glue is used in this type of tip. The tip can either be rolled round or flattened. The prebonded tips are used with a heat wand to bond into hair, so its necessary to use more glue than the pretipped.

Nailhair: Same as prebonded/preglued. The shape of the tip resembles a fingernail tip.

I will see if I can locate some pictures for you Sara! Or someone else will post some Im sure!

Edited by sherrie215

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plastikhaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 5:52am
thank sherrie!

got that!

so whats the most needed then?

ahh yeah and what technique is hairdreams and greatlength using?
prebonded?

: )

sara
need some great hair?
plastikhaar hair.supply
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 6:02am

This is pre-tipped hair (shoelace)

This is pre-bonded (nail hair)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 6:08am

Hey Amanda

Great photos!!

Sara - Great Lengths uses pre-bonded.  A lot of us here seem to be moving more toward pre-tipped rather than pre-bonded. It seems that a bit less glue gets into the natural hair, and the shrinkies/extentubes hold really well. However, bonds certainly have their place as well!!

-Fina

Edited by FinaFina
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 6:17am

Thanks girls....I was just about to post my photos, your right on top of things! So since I went to all the effort of taking the phots and uploading them Im gonna post them anyway! Love ya all!

Sara I think the pretipped is most in demand.

Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 6:23am
What is the application method for nail tips Sherrie?
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 6:24am
By the way, I agree with everybody here Sara,  There would be big demand for pre-tipped hair.  Thanks
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 6:58am
Hey Scotchyroo the nailtip hair is used with the fusion wand!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 8:03am
I agree: There'd definitely be more demand for pretipped, not preguled/nail. You can use pretipped with extendtubes (microrings) and shrinkies, which are both very popular and DIY-friendly. With preglued, you can only do fusion, which is usually more damaging to the hair. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plastikhaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 8:44am
THANKS GIRLS : )

oh this is beeing a bit annoying!
my regual supplier doesnt know the technique/materials
and the other doesnt want to pretipp my hair, only their own one,
and they only got 20 colours or so...urgh!

i know you discussed here several times about manuals
and how to do..
but maybe i can discuss that issue with someone whos the expert
by email?

i guess i would have to do sample and buy the material
and then send it to my supplier..

pitty i did not thought about that when i was in korea myself!

sara
need some great hair?
plastikhaar hair.supply

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plastikhaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 9:42am
hmmm

something like that?

Adhesive Glue Stick ( in Keratin, not Silicone) for
Keratin Fusion System
for Human Hair Extension

baah they have hundrets of chemicals
i dont get it!
but the other stuff just seems to be spirit gum...

need some great hair?
plastikhaar hair.supply
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 9:59am
I agree I would LOVE to see pretipped hair
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 10:01am
I think Keratin is usually used for fusion (nail hair)
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 10:22am
Sara.  It can be done by hand.  I've even debated setting up a service for people before because it's so expensive to buy pretipped/prebonded hair.  But I think to make it reasonable for volume distribution you'd need one of the machines that does it.  Hence informing your supplier...

Typically if you buy hair pretipped or prebonded it is glued with a keratin fusion glue.  It has to be fusion glue for nail(prebonded hair).  But a variety of things get the job done for pre tipping.

The other thing is deciding what size (how much hair) the tips should be.

I'll email you later since I need to regarding the color ring anyhow.

:)al

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 6:10pm
A lot of the pre tipped is not tipped with fusion or keritin but is tipped with some sort of wax. Euro locks sold me the wax chips so I could fix the hair to reuse. Hair extend and short to long seem to be tiped with the same. Melt the ends of there's and you can tell by how liquid like it get's . I think it was Bliss hair that said there pre tip was silicone. Just some more options : )
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 12:49am
I prefer the keratin-tipped pretipped hair, personally- the wax-based one gets squished apart when you close an extentube/microring on it, and after a bit of wear the tip comes apart, so you can't re-use the hair without re-tipping it. Plus shedding is mroe likely when the tip is coming apart.

Sara: I think pre-tipped is really the best choice, market-wise. Extentubes/microrings and shrinkies can be used on them without getting too much keratin glue on the hair, and people can even use them with fusion if they want- they just have to use a drop of glue form a gun with the pre-tipped hair. So pre-tipped hair, with just enough glue to keep the hair together (and not extra, as in pre-bonds), would be a versatile type of tip that everyone can use, no matter which method they're applying.

-Rae
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 12:55am

Pretipped PH......oh imagine that girls! That would be DA BOMB!!!

Sara Im sure some of us gals could send you some samples of our pretips, to give you an idea of the size.

The perfect pretip would be made with the stuff that MB shrink links system uses for their pretips!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plastikhaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 2:57am
thanx girls

yeah i think some samples of HOW MUCH hair the pretipps should
have would be very helpful!

and what about the length?
would 19inches be enough?

sara
need some great hair?
plastikhaar hair.supply
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 8:16am

I personally think LONGER! Seems alot of us are really loving the long PH lengths!

Sara Ill send you a few of my pretips. If you PM me the adress that you want them sent to, I'll pop them in the mail on Monday morning.

My human hair supplier makes 3 sizes. Fine, Medium and Thick. I use the medium mostly and some fine. I can send you samples of each.

In a perfect world(hehe) we could purchase pretipped PH in:

Strand sizes: Fine-Medium-Thick

Length:20in-26in-32in

Ahhhhh what a nice dream!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic